Awarded lcwra do you get backdated pay from your first sick note? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awarded lcwra do you get backdated pay from your first sick note?

Options

Comments

• dandanx
    dandanx Community member Posts: 40 Listener
    Options
  • dandanx
    Options
    spoke to someone from uc today he said it’s only gone from June as that’s when my form went in and he said he could see no other evidence of sick notes before that,I’ve told him I’ve been off since last October and sent sick notes and had phone conversations with my work coach,what can I do now? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,323 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did you report the fit notes onto your journal? If you did then there will be a record of this on your journal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dandanx
    Options
    Yes but I can’t see them all just a few comments saying we’ve accepted your fit note but not as far back as when I gave them although there is messages from me on there from last October saying I’m signed off sick 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you reported them on there then there should be a record. Although i'm not sure how it accepted them without actually reporting your health condition as a change of circumstances first.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dandanx
    Options
    Basically I was on universal credit working but a single parent,when I went off sick in October 2020 I wrote on my journal that I was off sick nobody told me to do anything else bar send sick notes I spoke to my work coach several times on the phone and she knows my health conditions but that’s all 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I should also point out that when you ring UC/DWP you're talking to someone from a call centre, not someone from DWP and often give people incorrect information. They have very little benefit knowledge and read from a screen.
    If you haven't already then put a message onto your journal under the payment section and tell them that you reported your first fit note in October 2020 and continued to do this until the decision was made. Also mention that your work coach did not advise you to report your health condition under "change of circumstances" and continued to assume that just reporting the fit notes was the correct thing to do.
  • dandanx
    Options
  • dandanx
    Options
    Nobody is getting back to me from uc I’ve read all my journal and I’ve said back in October and November 2020 that I’m sick and no sick pay so what will happen to my payments ect and nobody adviced me to change my circumstances or fill forms in or anything so surly this is there fault and not mine? Do you think it will be backdated or am I wasting my time 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    To be clear, when you reported your fit notes did you actually click "report a fit note" or just type the details of it onto your journal?
     When one fit note is about to expire you will have reminders to provide another. When you report it onto your journal, it says "provide fit note completed"

• dandanx
    Options
    Yes I got the reminders and the completed but for some reason they only showing from June I can’t see anymore only my comments saying I’m off sick and then my work coach replying thanks 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you can see that you reported it in October and the work coach has acknowledged it thenI think you have a strong case that you should be treated as having reported your health condition at that time even though you didn’t do it the ‘correct’ way. The work coach should have advised you what to do and initiated the Work Capability Assessment referral.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • dandanx
    Options
  • dandanx
    Options
    Hi I’ve also just found on my journal from dec 20/20 that I wrote that my sick pay had been worked out wrong from work and what do I need to do now? and the service Centre replied with it will get corrected on my next statement nothing else was said as to me updated my reasons fro being off ect 
  • dandanx
    Options
    They’ve sent a reconsideration how long does this usually take please?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There are no timescales but as a guide between 2-12 weeks.
  • dandanx
    Options
    Ok thanks yet when you owe them money they act so quick 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Unfortunately it is just a waiting game and you’ll be in a queue of other people waiting to hear back. There is nothing you can do. 
  • dandanx
    Options
  • dandanx
    Options
    Hi hope you all had a fab Christmas a guy from dwp or uc has sent the reconsideration off and all my sick notes from sept 20 do you think I have a chance of it being backdated? I’ve had my first payment of lwcra 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.