Hello — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Options
lottie2007
lottie2007 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
hello From Hampshire 

Comments

• lottie2007
    Options
    Hi yes it’s very cold in Hampshire but no snow 
    going through bad patch at moment not looking forward to Xmas 
    have a good evening 
  • lottie2007
    Options
    I lost my husband on the 20th sept very suddenly we were married for 43 yrs he hadn’t been ill at all but had a massive heart attack 
    I have a amazing family but find it hard to talk to them as trying to stay strong for them sorry to blurt this out 
  • lottie2007
    Options
    Thank you for listening 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I'm sorry for your loss it must be so hard to deal with 

The same happened to my dad and my mum was like a lost soul 

We are always around for a chat you can rant vent do what you want on here 

Take care you don't have to be strong all the time it's OK not to be ok 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @lottie2007 :) 

There's no need to apologise, you're welcome to share anything you'd like here in your own way. 

I also wanted to say that I'm terribly sorry for your loss. That must have been such a shock. I can imagine that you'd be having some difficult feelings around Christmas, too. 

Although I understand that you want to stay strong for your family, I'd encourage you to lean on them if you need. It can sometimes be helpful to spin the situation around the other way, and think about whether you'd want your family members to speak to you if they were experiencing grief.

That being said, as teddybear12 has said, it can sometimes be easier to speak to people you don't know. Have you sought out any support to help you process your grief at all? Cruse bereavement support could be a good place to start, whenever you feel ready.

As Janer1967 has said, you're also more than welcome to chat and vent here on the community too. We have lots of different types of discussions here, and everyone's welcome to post and comment. You may be particularly interested in our coffee lounge for casual conversation and games, or our mental health and wellbeing category.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.