Cavity Wall Grant — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cavity Wall Grant

Options
Daniel_2021
Daniel_2021 Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
Hi,
Does anyone know of any cavity wall insulation grants? I keep reading up on ECO grants, as I receive PIP I may qualify but trying to find an engery company that offers it is harder than finding a cheap bungalow!
Thanks in advance, 
Daniel 

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there @Daniel_2021, to help with answers to your query, I've moved it into the 'Benefits and financial support' category, where it should be easier to find. Hopefully our members can advise you :)

In the meantime, don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    failing that contact your local council they will/should have details of grants avaliable

A google search will return lots of details on grants.

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Daniel_2021

I just wanted to check in to see how you're getting on with things and if you had made much progress with the cavity wall grant?

I'm sorry that we couldn't answer your question directly, however, we would be interested in hearing how you're getting on and if there's anything else that we can help with.

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Daniel_2021
    Options
    Hi Libby,

Thanks for checking up.

In short I didn't get very far, without this post becoming political the funding was removed by central government over the last few years. This has obviously become an issue of late with the increase in the flat energy rate.

I'll keep my eye out for a grant etc. and post it on here if that happens. 

Thanks,

Daniel 
  • woodbine
    Options
    ECO grants are available for a variety of measures including replacing inefficient boilers to cavities wall or loft insulation.

https://www.gov.uk/improve-energy-efficiency

• Daniel_2021
    Options
    Hi @woodbine

I've tried these, i'm not sure nationally but certainly in Liverpool they aren't currently helping with cavity walls. They are helping if you have a faulty boiler beyond repair and you receive certain benefits.

Thanks,

Daniel 
  • woodbine
    Options
    It's not usually done on a regional basis, have you tried contacting your energy provider?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.