Share your Christmas decorations and festive photos! - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Share your Christmas decorations and festive photos!

Options

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Aww, I love this thread! Thanks for initiating this thread @Ross_Scope. It is great to see everyone's Christmas photos. I hope we get to see even more as we draw closer to Christmas if our community members feel happy to share with us!  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,906 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Its lovely seeing  the Xmas trees I bought a real 5ft 1 and I wasn't too good to put it up, so I gave it away to a family near by  with children who I know didn't have 1. They were a bit sceptical to take it at 1st, but did, I'm glad.  It was better then seeing it  stood waiting.  Gave them the lights n decs for it too.  I don't mind not having 1 this year I've got lights in window and window stickers up etc. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's very kind of you @Sandy_123 :) I'm sure they appreciated it!

I'm glad you've still managed to get a bit Christmassy with the lights and stickers. We used to have Christmas stickers on the windows growing up, but it was always my mum's job so that no marks were left :D 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,906 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lol they do mark the windows. My 2 year old granddaughter decided they needed rearranging all together in 1 corner of the window  :#
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Don't question an artist at work @Sandy_123!

• Tori_Scope
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I haven't done any house decorating this year, but I did do some festive biscuit decoration recently. 

Here's one of my reindeer. I tried to give them a smile, but I guess it's been a difficult year for all of us...

chocolate biscuit decorated as a reindeer with a blank expression

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,884 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    lots of great trees up in this thread, you all have great displays

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks everyone for continuing to share your wonderful Christmas photos with us! :)

I particularly like how delicious the biscuits look @Tori_Scope :)

Oh, I am a big foodie! :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I haven't done any house decorating this year, but I did do some festive biscuit decoration recently. 

Here's one of my reindeer. I tried to give them a smile, but I guess it's been a difficult year for all of us...

chocolate biscuit decorated as a reindeer with a blank expression
     I missed this @Tori_Scope!         

Your reindeer looks very cute; did you use peanut butter for the body? Looks delicious!!
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Ookpik
    Ookpik Community member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    The birds in the tree have been carved from basswood. l use a non toxic paint .l am at the moment carving a robin,and a kingfisher
    Nature has all the answers. All we have to do is listen, and peace will prevail
  • Libby_Alumni
    Options
    Ookpik said:
    The birds in the tree have been carved from basswood. l use a non toxic paint .l am at the moment carving a robin,and a kingfisher
    Wow! That's really impressive @Ookpik :) I really like that you've made the decorations yourself. Which bird is your favourite? If you have one?
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Ookpik
    Options
    "Wow! That's really impressive @Ookpik  I really like that you've made the decorations yourself. Which bird is your favourite? If you have one?" The tree, cones and the lights were bought. But the rest of the decor is what l made.
    My favourite bird is the "Blackbird". because l find them so comical to watch. During the springtime, The blackbird fletchings appear. They are like little children into everything.  My second favourite is the ! "Hoopoe", comical to look at and comical when they walk. l saw one marching the "Goosestep" That was abroad .by the way
  • Libby_Alumni
    Options
    Ookpik said:
    "Wow! That's really impressive @Ookpik  I really like that you've made the decorations yourself. Which bird is your favourite? If you have one?" The tree, cones and the lights were bought. But the rest of the decor is what l made.
    My favourite bird is the "Blackbird". because l find them so comical to watch. During the springtime, The blackbird fletchings appear. They are like little children into everything.  My second favourite is the ! "Hoopoe", comical to look at and comical when they walk. l saw one marching the "Goosestep" That was abroad .by the way
    That's great and adds a lot of personality to the tree, given that you made them yourself :) 

Aw that's lovely, there's something very striking about blackbirds. I've just googled a 'Hoopoe' and wow, they are colourful and very funky. Have you spotted one in the UK before?
    Scope

• Ookpik
    edited December 2021
    Options
    ""Aw that's lovely, there's something very striking about blackbirds. I've just googled a 'Hoopoe' and wow, they are colourful and very funky. Have you spotted one in the UK before?""

No, l haven't spotted one in the U.K. But where l stayed in the south of Bulgaria"Creme",, pronounce as Shrem, is the place saw it. This is because of the vast wilderness of the open countryside. lt has a huge array of wildlife species. l even saw a ladybird spider .and they are huge.l have a photo of it, if you like to see it. lt is the size of a person hand
  • Libby_Alumni
    Options

No, l haven't spotted one in the U.K. But where l stayed in the south of Bulgaria"Creme",, pronounce as Shrem, is the place saw it. This is because of the vast wilderness of the open countryside. lt has a huge array of wildlife species. l even saw a ladybird spider .and they are huge.l have a photo of it, if you like to see it. lt is the size of a person hand
    Wow, that's so cool that you saw one in Bulgaria! Amazing. I would say yes to the picture, but I'm quite scared of spiders, so I might have to pass on that one :D any other bird/animal pictures would be great though :) 
    Scope

• Ookpik
    edited December 2021
    Options

Wow, that's so cool that you saw one in Bulgaria! Amazing. I would say yes to the picture, but I'm quite scared of spiders, so I might have to pass on that one :D any other bird/animal pictures would be great though :)

l used to be scared of spiders. But l got used to them when l learnt more about them, and it progressed from there handling them
    . Here is a photo of a "Golden Orielli! [excuse spelling] what l find so attractive of these birds is ,they dance in the air when mating making a beautiful enchanting sound that seems to be like a  ghostly angel singing to the woods.And there colour is ,,Wow. 

And did you know, 100 years ago Golden orielli's were in England ,somewhere in the Norfolk and Suffolk region . But due to the culling  for the fashoin industry,  killing these birds for womens hats during the roaring 20's they became extinct in the U.K. These birds still remain in Bulgaris. Hence l sais "Still remain" Bulgaria's human activity is encroaching fast in the wildlifes habitat .  l do hope they will protect much of the wildlife habitat

• Libby_Alumni
    Options
    Ookpik said:
    l used to be scared of spiders. But l got used to them when l learnt more about them, and it progressed to me handling them . Here is a photo of a "Golden Orielli! [excuse spelling] what l find so attractive of these birds is ,they dance in the air when mating maling a beautiful enchanting sound that seems to be like ghostly angel singing to the woods.And there colour wow. 

And did you know, 100 years ago Golden orielli were in England ,somewhere in Norfolk and Suffolk. But due to their extinction , was caused by the fashion industry killing these birds for womens hats during the roring 20's. These birds still remain in Bulgaris. Hence l sais "Still remain" Bulgaria human activity is encroaching in the wildlifes habitat at a fast rate.  

Wow! How beautiful, I've never seen a bird that colour pink before, it almost looks as if someone has dyed their feathers! That's awful about their extinction in the UK and such a shame. Hopefully they will remain and repopulate in Bulgaris, as it would be such a shame to see them become extinct!
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My tree bought it on Sunday no hassle just assemble no need for baubles 

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Looks really nice @janer1967 and is a good thing that it involves no baubles, saves time. 
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,884 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    very nice photos @Ookpik, love the tree @janer1967, looks ace!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.