PIP £10 Christmas bonus help. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP £10 Christmas bonus help.

charlottecardwell
charlottecardwell Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I am new here! I have a question for everyone, has anyone else on PIP not received their £10 Christmas bonus yet/or letter? It’s been the first week now of December and I haven’t heard/got anything so I’m getting a little bit worried. 

I have recently changed my address and told them about this and I’m so scared that it has been affected by that but I haven’t got a letter saying it has been stopped or anything, I am getting PIP for another 3 years. 

I tried calling the PIP helpline the other day to ask about it, however the man I spoke to was extremely rude and put the phone down on me, so I’m quite hesitant to call them back. I’m not the greatest with speaking on the phone and I have a stutter so i’m not the best at trying to get my words out haha. 

I’m very unsure what to do, it’s only small but the £10 would mean a lot and would help right now. 

It might sound stupid but i’m worried! Please can I have some help and advice, thank you, just worried that they have missed or skipped me out. I have got it all of the other years before. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    For the £10 your address doesn't matter as it will be paid into you usual bank account, it will be paid alongside your PIP, when is your next payment due? You may or may not get a letter, and the letter often arrives after the £10 has been paid.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    It’s not guaranteed to be paid in the first week of December, you just need to be eligible for it during the first week. You will be paid anytime up to Christmas. 

It’s not always paid with your usual benefit, it can go in separate. 
  • charlottecardwell
    woodbine said:
    For the £10 your address doesn't matter as it will be paid into you usual bank account, it will be paid alongside your PIP, when is your next payment due? You may or may not get a letter, and the letter often arrives after the £10 has been paid.

my next payment is due on Tuesday, I just worry because all of the other times I have received a letter and i’ve read all sorts on the internet about when it’s due and i’ve got nothing. 

• charlottecardwell
    Thank you everyone. Does a change of address mean another assessment? I changed it last month but I just worry that they will send some sort of letter out soon saying I need to be reassessed or something haha, I guess that’s just me worrying. Can they stop it without notification though? I’ve read somewhere that they can sometimes. I’m not really sure what to make of that though.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    A change of address doesn't mean you'll need another PIP assessment, not sure why you would think that.
    Regarding the £10 Christmas bonus, it's automatically paid into your bank so a change of address has no affect on this. Sometimes it's paid as a separate payment to your usual benefits. The 1st week of December is the qualifying week but it doesn't mean you'll receive it in that week. Both my daughter and myself qualify for this small amount of money and we haven't received it yet but i'm sure we will sometime during this month.
    Payment usually goes into your bank before you receive the letter telling you when it will be paid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • charlottecardwell
    Thank you so much Poppy. Does it take a while for the address to change do you know or do they do it straight away? I’ll wait and see, if I don’t get it by the end of December I will definitely be calling them about it! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    The change of address will not affect you getting the christmas bonus, as previously advised. The money goes into your bank.... by the time you get the letter telling you about the bonus, it will have been paid into your bank and most likely spent lol.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.