#cpcarers — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

#cpcarers

Options
petition
petition Community member Posts: 2 Listener

I am a blind young women from Derbyshire I am campaigning to encourage as many brands as possible to make a start in putting a basic Braille label on as many products as possible including the brands. It is so important we get this change so people with an eye condition can live as independently as possible, for example how would we know whether we were using dog shampoo by mistake or body lotion in the shower instead of shower gel without someone to rely on to tell us what we are using this is why Braille labels are so important and should be mandatory.  

I am also campaigning for supermarkets to introduce aluminium refillable pump bottles for products like shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and hand watch etc where you can take them into the shop to get them refilled to help cut down on as much plastic waste as possible, and to also help with climate change. The body shop have already started to do this I think this is a wonderful idea to cut down on plastic waste and to help save the planet. People like myself find pump bottles easier to use than products coming out of a squeezy bottle 

Please be sure to confirm the email in your inbox so your signature counts I need all the help I can get to reach my target https://www.change.org/p/tesco-blind-peoples-rights?recruiter=1135030196&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_petition&recruited_by_id=2c7fdb00-ce9f-11ea-8ef8-41dfc816d5d8&utm_content=fht-23704544-en-gb%3A1

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @petition

A really important post. Thanks for sharing your message  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.