Anger - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anger

Options
2»

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jinnty - I can't begin to imagine a Dr asking if you wanted to live, & I too would have incredible problems running this through my mind.
    I think you know the answer, that you matter, & that life is, after all, so very precious. I wonder if it would be helpful to discuss this with your GP; you shouldn't have these fears, & hopefully talking it through may help.
    Please don't ever apologise for the length of your posts; it really wasn't that long. Take care, look after yourself the best you can, remember we're all here for you, & try & have that chat with your GP.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jinty

Thanks for your reply and for speaking so honestly about what you have  been through, it certainly seems as though a lot has gone on for you previously.

Regarding this part of your post:
    "I’m still trying to digest, the dr asking me if I wanted to live, considering all my problems, whether  it’s worth intervening and maybe I should just give in"

It surprises me that a doctor would say something like that to you, did they have any basis for asking that question? 

I just wanted to let you know that while you may have doubts about yourself based on what he said, you are absolutely not a waste of space and you are just as valuable and entitled to help and support as every other person.

Sometimes it can be easy to let what others say play on our minds, and it can be easy to let what they say impact us long after the fact, but it's important to remember the value you have and that those are just the words of one person.

how are you managing at the moment with your condition? If you do ever feel as though you need further support, I would encourage you to speak with your health professionals and talk about what you are struggling with. I'm not sure if you are still with the same GP, but if you felt as though you wanted to see a different one you could be referred to another.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jinty I 2nd what Ross has said. I also know what your going through to certain extent. You are definitely not alone and entitled as the next person to care and finance. Defiantly not a burden. Like me and most of us it's learning how to live our best with the disabilities we have, including  going up against drs and fighting our way through. I could do with a new body too lol prefably a size 10 athletic 🤔. 
  • jinnty
    jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    Options
    Hello, it was a hospital ICU Dr, who asked, as he thought I didn’t have a good quality of life, which I do, not physically, at least sometimes yes, but I have my own family who I love and care about. I was  really really upset when he asked, because of the fear if I got worse, would he step in. I have a good GP, but unfortunately like a lot of GPs at the moment, it’s very hard to get to see them, and it’s not something I want to talk about over the phone. But what I do want to do, is request my hospital records, and see what he has put down and why. Again, I really really can’t thank you all enough for your support. Take. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jinnty - I think you are very wise. Getting your hospital records seems a way forward. I can also well understand that seeing your GP would be a lot easier than talking to them over the phone. I'm sure between these 2 approaches you will get some answers, it's just difficult that getting these answers may take yet a little more time, but you'll get there, & you'll be fine. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.