PIP change of circumstances. Will they make me do another assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP change of circumstances. Will they make me do another assessment?

Options
Taliesen
Taliesen Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi so I've received my new form for change of circumstances DAB are going to help me fill it in so I can send it..I have till Jan 29th my question is will they make me do another assessment? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,187 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Most likely yes because most people have assessments. Paper based assessments are rare but possible. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Taliesen
    Options
    Thankyou for letting me know
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Taliesen

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear you are receiving support with carrying out the change of circumstances form. Keep us updated on your progress, and best of luck :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options
    I did a change of circs in the summer, form submitted mid August, was waiting to hear about an assessment when a larger amount than normal was paid into my account..I rang PIP and they advised my award had been made, enhanced for both with an ongoing award..I have to say i didn’t believe them but the letter arrived the next day..so mine was paper based and I also must admit I didn’t treat the form as a new claim, I literally just put down what had changed and where things hadn’t changed as I just stated “as original claim, no change” which goes against everything they advise on this forum but seemed to work out ok for me, I do appreciate it’s far from the norm though. I do think that it’s only fair though that people let others know when they do things differently but still get a good result,

All done and dusted in 9 weeks and I still find it very strange indeed that I wasn’t called for another assessment..

Good luck :)
  • Taliesen
    Options
    Well I had my assessment Thursday last week and have now been awarded mobility...my daily living stays the same...but still good news...so just waiting to find out how much it will go up by...and if there will be any back and if so how far they date that...
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Taliesen said:
    Well I had my assessment Thursday last week and have now been awarded mobility...my daily living stays the same...but still good news...so just waiting to find out how much it will go up by...and if there will be any back and if so how far they date that...
    Thanks for the update, and congrats on the positive news!
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Taliesen
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.