PIP change of circumstances. Will they make me do another assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP change of circumstances. Will they make me do another assessment?

Taliesen
Taliesen Member Posts: 40 Connected
edited December 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi so I've received my new form for change of circumstances DAB are going to help me fill it in so I can send it..I have till Jan 29th my question is will they make me do another assessment? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,620 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Most likely yes because most people have assessments. Paper based assessments are rare but possible. 
  • Taliesen
    Taliesen Member Posts: 40 Connected
    Thankyou for letting me know
  • bekindalways
    bekindalways Member Posts: 134 Courageous
    @Taliesen It's pretty much a foregone conclusion. It happened to me on a CofC. The assessor was second to none from my previous assessment. 

So I'm sending you lots of good luck. I was successful in mine and lucky to have been seen early January 2020 just before lockdown.

Please keep us all updated on your journey... xxxxx
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 5,742

Scope community team

Hi @Taliesen

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear you are receiving support with carrying out the change of circumstances form. Keep us updated on your progress, and best of luck :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 8,269 Disability Gamechanger
    The question suggests you fear an assessment. There is nothing to fear. If the form is completed in detail with lots of anecdotal evidence of examples where you tried a points scoring activity but couldn’t do it reliably then the assessment is simply an opportunity to reiterate all that.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    I did a change of circs in the summer, form submitted mid August, was waiting to hear about an assessment when a larger amount than normal was paid into my account..I rang PIP and they advised my award had been made, enhanced for both with an ongoing award..I have to say i didn’t believe them but the letter arrived the next day..so mine was paper based and I also must admit I didn’t treat the form as a new claim, I literally just put down what had changed and where things hadn’t changed as I just stated “as original claim, no change” which goes against everything they advise on this forum but seemed to work out ok for me, I do appreciate it’s far from the norm though. I do think that it’s only fair though that people let others know when they do things differently but still get a good result,

All done and dusted in 9 weeks and I still find it very strange indeed that I wasn’t called for another assessment..

Good luck :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.