Research exploring the experiences of physically disabled people toward teleworking practices
My name is Betsy Lake and I am a final year BSc Psychology student at Loughborough University looking for people with physical disabilities to take part in my dissertation research project. There are no expenses and recruitment is from December 2021-February 2022.
I am looking to
explore, through 30–60-minute, one-on-one online interviews, the experiences,
needs, barriers and facilitators of physically disabled teleworkers based in
the UK. While employers are restructuring work practices in the long-term in
response to Covid-19, and with predictions that a hybrid model of
work is likely the future, it is essential to gather data on how
physically disabled workers negotiate remote working so their experiences are
This is a vital study
as only very limited research has been done in this area to date. It is
possible that the findings of this study could drive further studies in this
neglected area as well as offer practical insights and recommendations for accessible
and inclusive teleworking practices and policies to support better employment
outcomes of physically disabled people and improve the teleworking experiences
If you are interested or know someone who fits the criteria that would be happy to participate, please email Betsy on [email protected] I would love to hear from you!
See below files for a comprehensive Participant Information sheet and Informed Consent form detailing more information about my research.
- 50.3K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 684 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 952 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.8K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 667 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 724 Autism and neurodiversity
- 870 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.
We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.
Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community Guidelines.