Research exploring the experiences of physically disabled people toward teleworking practices — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Research exploring the experiences of physically disabled people toward teleworking practices

Options
Betsy21
Betsy21 Community member Posts: 1 Listener

My name is Betsy Lake and I am a final year BSc Psychology student at Loughborough University looking for people with physical disabilities to take part in my dissertation research project. There are no expenses and recruitment is from December 2021-February 2022.

I am looking to explore, through 30–60-minute, one-on-one online interviews, the experiences, needs, barriers and facilitators of physically disabled teleworkers based in the UK. While employers are restructuring work practices in the long-term in response to Covid-19, and with predictions that a hybrid model of work is likely the future, it is essential to gather data on how physically disabled workers negotiate remote working so their experiences are considered.

This is a vital study as only very limited research has been done in this area to date. It is possible that the findings of this study could drive further studies in this neglected area as well as offer practical insights and recommendations for accessible and inclusive teleworking practices and policies to support better employment outcomes of physically disabled people and improve the teleworking experiences for all.

If you are interested or know someone who fits the criteria that would be happy to participate, please email Betsy on B.E.M.Lake-18@student.lboro.ac.uk. I would love to hear from you! 

See below files for a comprehensive Participant Information sheet and Informed Consent form detailing more information about my research. 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Thank you for posting your research @Betsy21, I wish you the very best.

events, research and opportunities disclaimer

The Events, research and opportunities board is the only board that permits the publishing of posts with an email, contact number or survey link.

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and the Community Guidelines.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.