Hi i am new here — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi i am new here

Nienna
Nienna Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, my name is Nienna and i am new here.  basically im disabled, back issues, leg issues, heart, etc. I live in Brisrftol in the UK./

I have a question.  I have a very basic manual wheelchair, still with its packing, that i would like to donate for free to someone or to a charity, does anyone know where i could donate it?

Comments

• Teddybear12
    Teddybear12 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 2,043 Pioneering
    Hi @Nienna Welcome to the Community. British Red Cross or Age UK charity shops would be glad of the wheelchair. Take care. 
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Member Posts: 514 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community, wishing you all the best
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 880 Pioneering
    Hi @Nienna

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today?  :)

I think donation is a really kind idea. You could search for charities in your local area on Google and then donate to the charity which is the closest to you and resonates the most with your values.

Your search would look like "charities in Bristol"

I hope this helps!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities, and assistive technology. Pronouns: She/her.

Brightness

Need to talk?

Over Christmas the online community might be a little quieter than usual, so if you need urgent emotional support or if you feel like you might be in crisis, please read up about how to stay safe for now and find help.

You can also speak to somebody in confidence by calling Samaritans on 116 123 for free or send an email to
[email protected]

Of course, if you feel like you might be at risk right now, please call 999 or visit your local hospital.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.