Hi, my name is Jazz — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jazz

Jbass101
Jbass101 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I’m 24 and live in the East Midlands of the UK. I have mixed cerebral palsy and am quadriplegic as a consequence of a difficult birth. It is because of this, I find it difficult to do most things and have carers come to help me out. I also had to have a speech therapist when I was younger. I have been bullied as a child because of my disability and developed Anxiety and Depression as a result of this. I also have PTSD because I faced a lot of abuse growing up and in my past relationships. 

Unfortunately that’s not all…

In November 2017 I was diagnosed with Endometriosis as well and thus am more or less bed-ridden some days because of pain and for my own safety, if I have an illness it takes me longer to recover. 

I lost my biological father when I was 13 and placed in foster care until I was 21. 

Despite all of that I have a degree in drama, am engaged to a wonderful man named Harry and we have a place of our own, I even have a 7 month old furbaby called Smudge. I enjoy gaming, chatting to friends on social media, listening to music and anything arty. 

Comments

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    I would also welcome to community as well@Jbass101
    What sort of music do you like listening? 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @Jbass101 a welcome from me as well, it might be quieter than usual over the holidays but the forum is usually a fun and busy place.
    Stay safe and have a great Christmas.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.