In the theme of Can you write a poem I just wrote this.
Although my topic is about your New Years resolution, what's yours.
Christmas time resolution.
Christmas comes round once a year
Where people laugh and are in good cheer.
They forget about the argument they had
Whether they were good or even bad.
They only have one thing in mind
To have a drink and the family round.
I could never understand Oh why they wait
Before they need to instigate, a simple sorry is all it takes
And all that time you have to waste?
It was not that long ago, it was Disability month you know
To celebrate achievements made by others, who had decided, to have ago
Are you now going to spend a year, waiting here at the rear.
Or are you going to make a go, so next year you can gloat and sneer.
I was one who thought I was out of luck,
Always moaning, I’ve been robbed.
But I decided that this year, to make a resolution and not disappear.
So the resolution I have made, is to be a good boy and try harder this year
If I could help just one person today, enjoy the positives he has to display
And stop the negative rush and get them on that other bus.
There is help around you if you want to look,
its sometimes we wear blinkers and don’t take a look
And turn because we don’t want to look, the answers really right there in plain sight
But all we do is stand and stare, so join me when I say.
Make this resolution last more than a day, and keep it going into next year.
What will your resolution say about you?
It doesn’t matter, really, it’s only you, your trying to fool.
- 50.1K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.2K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 679 Work and employment
- 537 Education
- 998 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 943 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.8K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 608 Chronic pain and pain management
- 664 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 720 Autism and neurodiversity
- 866 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Need to talk?
Over Christmas the online community might be a little quieter than usual, so if you need urgent emotional support or if you feel like you might be in crisis, please read up about how to stay safe for now and find help.
You can also speak to somebody in confidence by calling Samaritans on 116 123 for free or send an email to
Of course, if you feel like you might be at risk right now, please call 999 or visit your local hospital.