PIP query : Contacting DWP — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

PIP query : Contacting DWP

gentry Member Posts: 8 Listener
edited January 5 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Hi, could anyone give me any guidance on a PIP query I have please. 

I have been on the daily living standard rate for 7 years now and nothing for mobility (4 points).

At the time I think I should have been awarded more daily living and mobility points, but I was too anxious to question the outcome and settled for what I was given. 

Now my mobility has got worse due to Atrial fibrillation (a heart condition) and I rarely go out now due to breathlessness and my previous mobility walking issues, and neither myself or my wife drive.     

I know I need to contact the DWP to inform them about how my mobility symptoms have got worse, but I worry that they might re-assess me and take my current award away, or review my award later on if my Heart condition improved and I`d end up with nothing. 

I just feel like I need to contact them but worry about the outcome. 

Thank you for any thoughts or information on the matter.



Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.