Hi, my name is MommaDuck💜 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MommaDuck💜

Options
MommaDuck
MommaDuck Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I've recently been registered partially sighted due to no left-side periferal vision and brain damage effecting my front visual field after 2 massive brain abscesses and 2 brain surgeries in Nov 2019, I survived when I shouldn't have done and it's left me with a new super positive, brighter personality, I was the world's worst negative person before so its rather strange to say the least.  I still have problems due to the brain damage and I'm trying to come to terms with it especially that I will never drive again 💔.  On the plus side it has brought my family a lot closer together and makes me appreciate veryone and everything  in my life 💜

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @MommaDuck :) How are you doing today? 

I'm sorry to hear about what you went through back in 2019, as I can imagine that must have been quite traumatic. However, I'm glad that you've managed to find a more positive outlook on life as a result of it!

Have you and your family been enjoying the festive period? 

If you'd like to talk about being partially sighted, you might like to visit our category for discussions relating to sensory impairments. You're also welcome to browse through our other categories, and join in with any discussions that catch your eye. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.