Can I request a longer award?
Can we request a longer award this time around and what’s the best way to ask?
My son is 10 and has autism, ADHD, auditory processing disorder, speech delay, sensory processing disorder, gender dysmorphia, ARFID, social anxiety, depression (and is on medication for this), gross and fine motor skill delay and a sleep disorder.
I know it isn’t about his conditions but these aren’t things that just go away in 18 months and redoing the forms every year is a nightmare.
If anything his needs are increasing as he gets older rather than decreasing as the expectations of a child his age are higher.
He currently only receives low daily living which we know is wrong for his level of care but I was too disorganised to challenge it
Any advice greatly appreciated
- 50.3K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 684 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 952 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.8K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 667 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 723 Autism and neurodiversity
- 870 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.