Hi, my name is Helen01! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Helen01!

Options
Helen01
Helen01 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2022 in Start here and say hello!
I have been advised by my GP to join SCOPE. I have suffered for many years with depression anxiety panic attacks I also have PTSD amongst many other illnesses and I hope by just writing this message I have opened up a slight bit of my life. Which I am really struggling with at the moment. I am in heart failure also I have COPD emphysema chronic asthma and many other problems with my lungs I have had 2 strokes I am suffering with long covid I can't do anything really for myself I also have Fybromiyga, spondylitis arthritis in my hands spine, 2 herniated discs fluid retention I'm been tested for "Cushings disease" I am on so much medication I also have neuropathy in my feet. Basically there's a lot wrong with me and I don't feel like in fact I'm not getting any help. I'm not sure what to do on this website? Like I said my GP gave me the link? 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,638 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Helen01 welcome to the forum.  Here we suport each other through our health issues. There are lots of conversations that you can join in with if you wish to.   I'm sorry to read that you are experiencing alot of health issues listed and can  uderstand that you feel depressed. Hopefully your gp is supportive with this too. 
    Do you have a good support network at home to help you with the things you struggle with? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Helen01 :) How are you doing today? 

Thanks for joining the community! I'm glad your GP sent you the link.

I think Sandy_123 has explained what we're about pretty well. You're welcome to discuss anything that's important to you here on the community, whether you'd like to share something that's been on your mind, or have a natter about the TV shows you've been watching lately. You can see the broad kinds of topics we discuss by visiting the categories page. You can also view the latest threads on the community by visiting recent discussions, which will show you what our members are talking about right now. If you ever need any help finding your way around the community, please do give us a shout.

I'm also sorry to hear that you're experiencing quite a few different health problems at the moment, and that you don't feel as though you're getting the right level of support.

Are you currently receiving any support for your mental health?
    I can't do anything really for myself 
    Do you have enough support at home to help you manage day to day life and tasks? If you feel as though you could benefit from some additional support, you may want to consider making a social care referral (gov.uk) for yourself to your local authority's social care team. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Helen01
    Helen01 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you both so much for all your help and support. I have a bit of an idea how this works now. I have been referred to the social care team and today I have been visited by an Occupational therapist to help with adoptions for my bungalow. I have also been double jabbed today finally had my booster jab also the flu jab at the same time so I'm feeling rather hot and agitated. Taken my medication I'm hoping the symptoms will calm down in the next couple of days.
    Thank you and if I need to ask anything else I will get in touch.
    Helen x
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,638 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @helen01 hopefully you get all the adaptions that you need soon.  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.