It's me again, asking if this is normal... — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

It's me again, asking if this is normal...

Options
oldngrumpy
oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 218 Pioneering
A few months ago I posted a question on Scope abt a Bloke who speaks to me like the proverbial. 
I don't antagonise him I hasten to add.
I also mentioned abt a few neighbours who seem to be in a Gang Culture, who also call me names such as the W.
I don't know why I get such **** treatment off folks.
Encouragingly I had some decent answers off decent folk. Thank you. 
About seven weeks later to now/today I have been getting some nasty thoughts on these people. 
I visualise confronting them when they start taking the proverbial and putting it politely without describing what would be literally GBH
And the same goes with certain neighbours I am visualising them antagonising me, and doing it again causing GBH. 

Is this a normal process what I am
going through or having?

Thank you Folks

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,656 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If it gets so bad I walk away or count to 10.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @oldngrumpy

Thanks for making this post, and sorry to hear that this is still causing you concern, I think it's normal to worry or have thoughts about those who have shown aggression towards you, and thinking about confronting them is something I imagine we would all think about doing. 

Can I just clarify, when you say you have thoughts of GBH do you mean you physically harming them or them harming you? 

The advice mentioned above by woodbine is always a good course of action, it's worth noting that some people will just be trying to get a reaction out of you so it is important not to give them the satisfaction, but of course it's totally understandable to be frustrated or upset by it.

If the treatment from these people continues to cause you concern, you might want to consider reporting it to the relevant individual or authority in each case.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.