UC WCA The mandatory reconsideration process - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC WCA The mandatory reconsideration process

Options

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    For LCWRA it's not about scoring 15 points through multiple descriptors. It's about meeting just one of those descriptors the majority of the time. You did not meet any of the descriptors but scored more than 15 points in the LCW descriptors, which would place you into this group.
    If you still think you should have been found to have LCWRA then you can request the Tribunal but you may want to get some expert advice before doing this. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jimm19
    Jimm19 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
    Options
    Hi , just an update , have my tribunal appeal hearing 28/3/22 . Recieved dwps evidence papers including HCP report , full of misleading info , missing key verbal evidence I gave, and basically downright lies . Might sound like a daft question,  for coping with social engagement if you can talk to family member would this prevent you scoring the 15 pts ? .  Engagement in social contact is always precluded due to difficulty relating to others or significant distress experienced by the claimant. Score 15
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The assessment isn’t there for them to write what you said verbatim. If it was there would be no point in having the assessment. It’s for them to gather more evidence to support. The report is their opinion based on everything you sent and what you said during the assessment.
    However, you should put that report away and forget about it because it’s not going to get you LCWRA.
    That descriptor doesn’t include family members. Although you should take note of the “significant distress” which needs to apply the majority of the time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Jimm19
    Options
    Thanks poppy, I have highlighted and gave examples of " significant distress " caused in all social engagement in my written response which I'll be posting shortly to the tribunal. Hopefully this is enough 🙏 
  • Jimm19
    Options
    I know that there was no mention of family member in the description .the DM said "he can converse with his mother and brother even with anxiety " which I found strange, thinking could this be used as reason not to award 15pts ?
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Engaging with a family member is completely different to engaging in social situations.
    Substantial risk may also apply here. https://wcainfo.net/issues/substantial-risk-lcwra

• Jimm19
    Options
    Thanks poppy, that's what I thought , you've put my mind at ease thanks for replying 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No problem! Do come back and let us know the outcome.
  • Jimm19
    Options
    Hi , tomorrow is my appeal hearing via phone and I'm really stressed and anxious about it all , does anyone have any advice for me ? Thanks in advance for any replies 
  • Jimm19
    Options
    I won my appeal today , been placed into lcwra.  Thank the lord 🙏,  thanks to everyone  who helped me along the way on here. Very much appreciated . Would happily help anyone who's going through similar problems with the entire dwp process if I can . 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Jimm19 that's great news, I'm glad to hear the forum has been so helpful, and that you'd like to help others in return :)

I hope you enjoy your evening, it must be quite a relief!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Jimm19
    Options
    It's a massive relief Alex , can finally try and relax now .
  • Jimm19
    Options
    Afternoon , am I right in thinking that since I was initially found to be lcw, and having that changed by a judge to lcwra,  that I will not have any backdated payments from 3 months after first fit note ? Am positively sure the judge said I should have been found lcwra after my wca assessment, and that I should have been awarded 15 pts for coping with social engagement,  if that helps 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The 3 month waiting period will apply from the date you reported your health condition. You will be owed money backdated to the 4th month of your claim. The extra money isn't paid at all during the waiting period.
  • Jimm19
    Options
    Hi poppy and thanks for your reply , so I am entitled to backdated payments then ? I understand your response ,but wasn't sure if being awarded lcw before having that changed by judge rules out these backdated payments? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, you will be owed some money because the Tribunal changed the decision the DWP made. How much you're owed will depend on the exact date you reported your health condition and the dates of your assessment periods (or when you usually receive your money each month)
  • Jimm19
    Options
    That's unbelievable news poppy  , thanks for letting me know , I'm genuinely just relived it's all over with , the backdated payments is a massive bonus 😀 👍 
  • Jimm19
    Options
    I've just checked there , my first fit note was January 2020 (no gaps) ,AP 14th-13th , paid 20th 
    Standard uc benefit . From March 2021 housing benefit and uc benefit, would that affect any potential backdated payments? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    LCWRA payable from either May or June depending on exactly what date you sent the fit note.
    Jimm19 said:

Standard uc benefit . From March 2021 housing benefit and uc benefit, would that affect any potential backdated payments? 
    I'm assuming you mean March 2020? Not 2021. Housing benefit? Do you mean housing element of UC? they are 2 completely different benefits.
    Either way the LCWRA element is paid on top of your other elements. The only element that affects it is the Carers element.
  • Jimm19
    Options
    Sorry poppy your correct , housing element of UC from March 2021(£294) along with standard UC allowance (£324) if that's clearer? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.