Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is tina72! I was told to claim PIP, DWP said I was lying
I had breast cancer and I was told to claim pip by cancer nurse as my income was that low I couldn’t even afford to run my car to go for the radiotherapy I also had mental health issues when applying for pip it was that I couldn’t use my arm to lift daily things for myself and including mental health during this time I was told to try n get back to work to help my mental health was no way ready and my head wasn’t even my own at the time months late dwp accused me of lieing told me it would almost sure it would go to court then she rang me up saying I would only have to pay money back £5000 I never appealed this … and today it’s affected me totally as I’m in same boat still can’t use my arm tidy and mental health issues it’s scared me to death to claim anything I should of appealed this there and then but I was only concentrating on getting better
- 50.2K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.2K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 679 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 999 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 945 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.8K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 665 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 721 Autism and neurodiversity
- 868 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.