Hi, my name is tina72! I was told to claim PIP, DWP said I was lying — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is tina72! I was told to claim PIP, DWP said I was lying

tina72
tina72 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited January 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had breast cancer and I was told to claim pip by cancer nurse as my income was that low I couldn’t even afford to run my car to go for the radiotherapy I also had mental health issues when applying for pip it was that I couldn’t use my arm to lift daily things for myself and including mental health during this time I was told to try n get back to work to help my mental health was no way ready and my head wasn’t even my own at the time months late dwp accused me of lieing told me it would almost sure it would go to court then she rang me up saying I would only have to pay money back £5000 I never appealed this … and today it’s affected me totally as I’m in same boat still can’t use my arm tidy and mental health issues it’s scared me to death to claim anything I should of appealed this there and then but I was only concentrating on getting better

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @tina72

Welcome to the community, thank you for introducing yourself and telling us a bit about your situation. This is a very supportive and welcoming community so I'm sure you'll enjoy taking part here.

Sorry to read about everything you have been through, and the impact it has had on your mental health. Do you have any support from any friends or family members at this time? And do you receive any support from your GP to manage your mental health? If not, it might be worth getting in touch with them to talk about how you feel, as they may be able to support.

I think you might benefit from some professional advice with your benefit situation, you could try entering your postcode into Advice Local or approaching Citizens Advice.

I have moved your discussion over to our PIP category, which you could browse to find related discussions.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • tina72
    Yes was awarded esa plus pip
    was called in on fraudulent claim
    and was accused of lieing because I went back to work ( only went back because cancer nurse said it would be good to get back ) they phoned me and told me it wouldn’t be going to court I would just have to pay it all back that was 2 years ago and I’ve just been getting worse thinking about them calling me a liar when I have the scars to prove it I just should have never appealed this but I was too I’ll to argue my case
  • tina72
    I had breast cancer removed lumpectomy 15 rounds radiotherapy and 2 operations and a lymph nodes removed 
  • tina72
    What is icu please
  • tina72
  • tina72
    thankyou i have applied to get my iuc I know this is a long shot but I wished they had taken this to court it has and still affected me to this day
  • tina72
    Gigi I’ve received my pip DPA record print but don’t understand it ? Any help would be appreciated xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.