Hi, my name is MANDS17! — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is MANDS17!

MANDS17
MANDS17 Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi i am a carer for my son who has aspergers we are still awaiting
a payment been almost 6 months now, i have written,rung no luck and ideas?

Comments

• Libby_Scope
    Libby_Scope Posts: 635

Scope community team

Hi @MANDS17 :) 

Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your comment. 

I'm sorry to hear there has been a delay in payment. May I just ask, what is the payment for? If it's for a benefit payment, which one are you receiving? Knowing this information will help us offer the best advice/support that we can :)

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Alex_Scope
    Alex_Scope Posts: 756

Scope community team

Hello @MANDS17 and welcome to the community, thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear that you're still awaiting payment, can I ask, is that for a specific benefit? Once we know which we might be able to advise you in a better way :)

I do know there are a lot of large backlogs at the moment in the DWP which has led to delays in processing claims and payments. While I know is not comforting news, it is unfortunately the situation at present.

Do you feel like you and your son are receiving enough support currently? 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Need to talk?

Over Christmas the online community might be a little quieter than usual, so if you need urgent emotional support or if you feel like you might be in crisis, please read up about how to stay safe for now and find help.

You can also speak to somebody in confidence by calling Samaritans on 116 123 for free or send an email to
[email protected]

Of course, if you feel like you might be at risk right now, please call 999 or visit your local hospital.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.