Lwcra — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


queenbee1 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I have just received a note in my journal that I have limited capability to work and work related activity how long does this last for it says I may be entitled to extra money if I do when do I get this from my universal credit assessment Period is the 1st of each month I held my 1st fit note the 15th of July 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,533 Disability Gamechanger
    There's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is then paid from the 4th month of your claim. (it's not paid at all during the waiting period).
    If the first day of your assessment period is 1st then your AP is 1st-30th of each month.
    If you reported your health condition on the same date you sent your fit note then it was reported in the July assessment period. Therefore your waiting period would be August/Sept/October... LCWRA starts from AP 1st-30th November with first payment being 7th December, which means they owe you 2 months money.
    This advice is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on the claim.

  • queenbee1
    queenbee1 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you very much yes I reported same day and I am single thank you x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,533 Disability Gamechanger
    It often takes a few weeks to pay any money that’s owed. They first have to recalculate your past statements so they can work out exactly how much they owe you. 


Need to talk?

Over Christmas the online community might be a little quieter than usual, so if you need urgent emotional support or if you feel like you might be in crisis, please read up about how to stay safe for now and find help.

You can also speak to somebody in confidence by calling Samaritans on 116 123 for free or send an email to
[email protected]

Of course, if you feel like you might be at risk right now, please call 999 or visit your local hospital.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.