Lwcra — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lwcra

Options
queenbee1
queenbee1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I have just received a note in my journal that I have limited capability to work and work related activity how long does this last for it says I may be entitled to extra money if I do when do I get this from my universal credit assessment Period is the 1st of each month I held my 1st fit note the 15th of July 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is then paid from the 4th month of your claim. (it's not paid at all during the waiting period).
    If the first day of your assessment period is 1st then your AP is 1st-30th of each month.
    If you reported your health condition on the same date you sent your fit note then it was reported in the July assessment period. Therefore your waiting period would be August/Sept/October... LCWRA starts from AP 1st-30th November with first payment being 7th December, which means they owe you 2 months money.
    This advice is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on the claim.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • queenbee1
    queenbee1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you very much yes I reported same day and I am single thank you x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,257 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It often takes a few weeks to pay any money that’s owed. They first have to recalculate your past statements so they can work out exactly how much they owe you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.