Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


jojojojo19 Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi there. I was awarded pip several months ago . Standard care and standard mobility. I've just done a uc50 form for wca)lcwra.
I've spoke to them this morning and they have sent off for more evidence from my Dr . Is this normal  . I suffer bpd depression anxiety fibromyalgia and severe insomnia . The thought of just getting the wca is making me sick that I'd have to do those things. I couldn't cope with it 


  • Libby_Scope
    Libby_Scope Posts: 736

    Scope community team

    Hi @jojojojo19 :) 

    That's great news about your PIP award, well done! 

    I'm not familiar with the uc50 form myself, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was part of the process for some applicants (i.e., to provide more evidence for the application). However, by needing to provide more evidence for your case, does not necessarily mean you will be unsuccessful. Hopefully, some of our members will be able to advise where necessary, however, in the meantime it might be worthwhile taking a look at this resource from Scope, about work capability assessments. Have you gained support for your case via a local benefits advisor?

    I'm sorry to hear that the you're worrying about the WCA process. There are plenty of resources online to help with the process, including:
    I hope the above is helpful and if you have any further questions, please just let us know. :)

    Online Community Information Coordinator

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 3,800 Disability Gamechanger
    jojojojo19 said:..I've just done a uc50 form for wca)lcwra.
    I've spoke to them this morning and they have sent off for more evidence from my Dr . Is this normal  .
    They don't usually contact health professionals but it is by no means abnormal and you will recall that one of the questions on the form asks if you agree to them doing this. The fact they are doing so tells you nothing about the likely outcome.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,649 Disability Gamechanger
    You should also expect a work capability assessment too because most people have them. Claiming PIP has no relevance on the WCA. Most are done by telephone.
  • hughiemachrins
    hughiemachrins Member Posts: 54 Connected
    Patience is the key here. MY UC50 went in August, they confirmed they had received it in September and I am still waiting for word about my assessment appointment.  


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.