UC change of health condition — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC change of health condition

kano7481
kano7481 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
Hi everyone, 

Hope you doing well and safe. 

If you could help please, my friend is claiming UC, after a change of her health condition she has reported this change in November using her UC account and provided her fit note details stating that she not fit for work for 6 months, then she got a message in her journal saying : 

Due to Coronavirus I am unable to check your fit note.
I trust the information is correct and you’re still unable to work.
Keep your fit note as you may need to show it in the future.

She has been told that she should recieve UC50 form after 29 days of reporting health condition but she still didn't recieved or heard anything from them and she still have phone calls from her work coach every two weeks and was asked to read and accept her comitements again. 

She is confused about her situation and if she has to ask for the form or keep waiting to be contacted by them. 

Thank you for your time reading. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    They have relaxed the rules for providing fit notes because of the pandemic but as the message says, they need to keep hold of the fit note because they maybe asked to provide it in the future.
    They should leave a message onto their journal to ask to be referred for the work capability assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kano7481
    Thank you so much Poppy. 

Please under which category my friend should leave the message asking to be referred,  change or work coach ? 
  • poppy123456
    Put it under work coach.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    I hope @poppy123456 has been able to answer your query @kano7481? :) 

Thanks for your help and advice @poppy123456 :)
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • kano7481
  • kano7481
    Hi again, 

Just to update my friend has received the UC50 form, was sent to her without asking for one. 
    I want to ask please if she will have a face to face assessment they will accept me as her interpreter or should be a professional interpreter ? 

Thank you 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kano7481 I don't have the knowledge to answer that last question, our members might well know more here.

I would encourage you to have a look at AdviceLocal to see whether it is best to use a professional interpreter. You can also get in touch with the Scope Helpline, who should be able to advise you on your friend's situation, if you'd prefer to speak to someone directly.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help at the moment, but if anything else comes up, don't hesitate to ask.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • kano7481
    Hi again, 

My friend has finally got an appointment for a phone health assessment next week. 
    I want to ask please can someone who knows her illness be with her and help her answering the questions during the call ? Because of her condition she has problem communicating and speaking and she is most of the day recovering from a seizure and it will be difficult for her to concentrate and answer properly. 

Thank you. 
  • poppy123456
    Someone can definitely be with her during the call, she can just put the phone onto loud speaker. Whether this person can answer any questions is another matter. At the start of the assessment she should tell the assessor that someone is with her and would they be able to answer any questions.
    Having said that, the best person to know how your conditions affect you, is yourself.
  • kano7481
    Thank you so much Poppy. 
  • kano7481
    Thank you Alice  :)

We called them and I have explained her situation and the lady over the phone confirmed that someone can be with her during the call and can help with interpretation aswell. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.