Mystery skin condition — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mystery skin condition

Options
harry01
harry01 Community member Posts: 217 Courageous
So I am still waiting on this hospital prescribing sonething that actually works for this smelly skin condition and removes this parasite or whatever it is. 

The new shampoo they prescribed did absolutely nothing. The antimicrobial cream they gave does nothing. However the T gel, brown one for flaky scalp has some small effect. Although not 'effective' obviously but if I was working in this area wouldn't one deduce that it relates to 'something' in this shampoo. Would that not help to establish what this thing might be? 

I mean these people have no interest. This stuff literally hijacked my skin's biome. That is interesting. If they consider themselves proper scientists they should want to solve that. 

I've complained about the surgeries formally and the hospital because of the whole response to this and because I can see that it could similarly cause great psychological distress in anyone. I hope they can finally engage with this and apologise. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.