Goals

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
I thought it would be a good idea to make a thread where we share our goals then maybe we can encourage each other to get them done…

They can be long or short term goals or anything in the middle.

I have a short term goal which is to finish an essay for a course, I’ve been working on it for 2 months on and off as I just can’t get my head round it, so I thought if I shared this I’d have to get it done as it would be embarrassing not to :D 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Good luck with the essay 

I'm going to learn some basic Spanish in prep of hoping to live there in future 
  • 66Mustang
    @janer1967 thanks :) wow I didn’t know you were planning on moving to Spain, that’s exciting!!!
  • 66Mustang
    Hope you get to get away for a decent one this year @woodbine and that senior management enjoys it.

Good luck with the long term goal as well.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    @66Mustang it's a very long term plan my bf is looking to buy a property when he finds suitable one which we will use as holiday home for now 

Then when he retires and when toby is independent the plan is to move there we are talking about 10 years time 
  • 66Mustang
    Good luck @janer1967, it sounds like a good plan.

I really like Spain. Often when there on holiday I thought I could live there :)
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,247 Empowering
    I really like this thread @66Mustang - thanks for starting it :) 

@janer1967 and @woodbine - they all sound like fantastic goals, that I'm sure you will be able to stick to. 

I don't have too many goals this year, as I don't like to put too much pressure on myself. However, I think a short term goal is to embrace failure more and not be scared of it (I'm a big perfectionist, so I like to not make mistakes - which in fact, is not realistic at all)! Long term, I would like to finish my PhD studies this year. However, I'm not going to stress about it if I don't get it completed this year either :) it's just something to aim for.

I would be interested to hear, what helps you stick to your goals? What motivates you to want to complete them? :)
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 852 Championing
    My long term goal this year is to try to get over my social anxiety and barriers and gain some independence, so I can goto the shops and things on my own. Now I have my own flat and support worker to work on my weaknesses, he said hes going to get to a point where instead of coming into the shop with me he'll wait outside etc but were building upto this point over the next few months.

I also want to start cooking properley, I cook currently but easy meals I want to start cooking more healthy meals and start looking after myself. I've only just started cooking after moving into my own flat as before would just survive on snacks and takeaways. but I have had only 1 takeaway since moving in so going in the right direction.
  • 66Mustang
    @rubin16 your goals sound very similar to my goals only for me they are long term ones

Good luck with them
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,445 Championing
    It sounds like you're already moving in a positive direction to achieve both of those goals @rubin16, which is great :) Are you enjoying living in the flat still? 

I'd also like to start cooking more of my own meals, as I often rely on oven food or other easy meals. I'm also pretty bad for ordering takeaways :D Have you thought of a few meals you could learn to make to build up your repertoire?