Hi, my name is lottie286! Is there a grant to help pay for motobility? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lottie286! Is there a grant to help pay for motobility?

Options
lottie286
lottie286 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, could really do with some help. we have an old car that has just failed it's MOT, needing hundreds to get fixed. Because the car is over 15 years old and costing more every year to repair, we think Motobility car would be best, as we had it some 7 years ago. But we cant afford the £300 pounds a mouth out of my PIP. Does anyone know if there is a grant or help to pay for this service????

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    To be able to exchange you PIP mobility award for a car you must be claiming Enhanced mobility. The mobility payments will then be made for the car instead of going to you. There is no other options or grants available for this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi @lottie286

Welcome to the community, I hope you are well and are having a pleasant day.

This is a very supportive and welcoming place, and we have several categories that you are more than welcome to get involved with. I have moved your discussion to our benefits and financial support category which you might like to browse for related queries, but we also have a category for aids, adaptations and equipment, as well as a tag for transport, which you might find helpful.

I hope the above information and link from Poppy has been helpful, if you want to contact Motobility you can find their details on this page.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • lottie286
    lottie286 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Morning everyone.Thank you for your feedback, sorry i haven't got back earlier. I am on higher pip and esa .It looks like i won't get help for a car..
    Now we have another problem, with our Energy provider. I am with Eon for dual fuel, and for nearly a year i have had problems accessing my on-line account and app, with the site keep saying "Op there seems to be a problem. After endless calls to them and requesting paper bill, still nothing! I was then informed -by chance- that there was a £700.00 debt...NO BODY TOLD US. NO BILL OR TELEPHONE CALL NOTHING. I put in a formal complaint asked again for paper bills to be sent from the back office some 6 weeks ago, and still NOTHING. i can' get help form the Charis charity without the full brake down of the bill. This behavior is disgusting and I'm on the PCR list for vulnerable customers. I'm freezing cold , stiff, achy,I'm (registered Blind) Severely sighted and to scared to put the lights on.. Eon-Next are ignoring me. I feel the £700.00 best is theirs. 
    Can anyone advise what i should do. I've rang the CAB (which took 6 and a half hours to get through) I have warm home (but that's a drop in the ocean.) And I've just put in for the fuel vouchers from the CAB.

Where do i stand on the law regarding NOT having bills, even though i have continually asked for them..

I know its a long one, Thank for being there.
    Charlotte
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lottie286

Thanks for coming back, I hope you're having a nice weekend despite everything you've been through.

Sorry to read about this. Have you been provided any information as to why the website and app don't appear to be working for you? Seems odd that their online services don't work despite a universal push from companies to move statements online to save on paper.

I'm not sure where you would stand legally as you asked towards the end of your post, but it might be worth contacting Scope's Disability Energy Support service and they would be able to advise on your options. You can find their details on this page. 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.