Introduction — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Introduction

Options
markR52
markR52 Scope Member Posts: 12 Connected
Hi I'm Mark I have suffered from anxiety and depression, epilepsy, fibromyalgia,diabetes type 2 and a number of other illnesses for 8 years , 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,490 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @markR52 welcome to the forum thanks for telling us about yourself. Join in with the topics.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @markR52

Welcome to the community, I'm pleased to see you join us and thank you for introducing yourself. 

You've clearly had a lot to handle in recent years, so I hope that you enjoy taking part in the community. This is a very supportive and welcoming place so I'm sure you will, and do ensure you ask if you have any questions about the community. We have a fair few categories that you can get involved with, feel free to have a browse through them all and see what you fancy.

Do you receive any support through your GP or other health professional to manage your conditions?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • markR52
    Options
    yes i have medication to help with my conditions  
  • markR52
    Options
    my biggest fear is my mortgage i have just found out its interest only morgage so in 5 years i will still owe £35000

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @markR52

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. Thanks for sharing some information with us about yourself. It is always great to get to know you. I am really glad to hear you are receiving some support with managing your health too. Would you like to tell us how you are feeling today?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • markR52
    Options
    thank so much i'm always nervous when joining groups 
  • markR52
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @markR52 :) 

I don't know a huge amount about mortgages, but I found some information on Money Supermarket about interest-only mortgages, which you might find helpful.
    What to do if you have an interest-only mortgage

If you have an interest-only mortgage it’s important to know you’ll be able to repay the capital at the end of the term. There are several options to ensure this happens:
    • Switch your mortgage to a repayment mortgage. This will mean your monthly payment will increase but your mortgage will be repaid in full at the end of the term.
    • Pay into an investment plan which can be used to pay off the capital at the end of the term. A financial adviser will be able to suggest a suitable plan.
    • Make lump sum overpayments or set up regular overpayments on your mortgage (if your lender allows this). Our mortgage overpayment calculator can help you work out how much you could save.
    • Remortgage to a better mortgage rate, switch to a repayment mortgage and repay the loan over a longer term to make monthly payments more affordable.
    If you’re worried about repaying the amount owed on an interest-only mortgage you should take action now, even if you’re several years away from the mortgage end date. The longer you leave it, the fewer options you’ll have so it’s important to seek financial advice as soon as possible.

Have you looked into any of the options mentioned, or sought any professional financial advice? 

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • markR52
    Options

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.