new PIP changes? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

new PIP changes?

Options
robbie9617
robbie9617 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
edited January 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello i am not sure what the changes mean for me, it says mobility has been looked into. i dont leave my house unless i am with someone and need someone with me as i suffer with agrophobia and other problems that i suffer with, , i received my pip renew letter and sent it off last year some time i stil ahvent heard anything back

i am on pip daily living enhanced
and mobility (low) 

im not sure what it means if i would be entitled to a higher rate on mobility as it has changed now

also my support worker, or one of my parents usually write my forms out but as i am not with a support worker and trying to find support, and due to issues with family i tried to write it out myself and worried about the outcome i sent of as much documents as i can and also a mandatory reconsideration letter my last support worker wrote out for me in 2019. as the lady got my benefits wrong, 

as i am on low mobility would it change for me now as pip has changed ? or am i reading it all wrong? 

Comments

• robbie9617
    Options
    will writing my pip renew letter effect my benefit? as usually my support worker would write it out for me or my paents would , i am finding it hard to understand this

Overwhelming psychological distress and journeys: changes to PIP law from 28 November 2016

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    As we don't know exactly how your conditions affect you then it's not possible to tell you whether you would be entitled to Enhanced mobility because you haven't given anywhere near enough of information.
    I'd advise you to get some expert advice from an agency near you and they will tell you whether it's possible to score the points needed for Enhanced mobility. Start here. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • robbie9617
    Options
    Hi poppy, i am on planning journey as 10 and moving around is 0 and mixing with other people is 4 which is weird, i dont mix with anyone or speak to anyone unless it is my support worker, relative or a friend that i speak via online., i dont leave my house at all unless im with someone which dont happen a lot, or if i take my dog out which i find hard to do mostly during the day time when people are out,  i find it hard to even be around my own family, i have bdd, psychosis,anxiety,depression, and eating disorder. i have been on pip since 2017 i received aletter about the change back in 2019? it said  my claim hasnt changed? i just looked at my letters from a while ago. is it worth getting some advice on this? 
  • robbie9617
    Options
    also leaving the house is stressful for me, i cant stand it when people look at me, i really am worried about my actions sometimes and always avoid people as i feel theyre always judging me, i have been set back a lot since my care ended with my last support group
  • poppy123456
    Options
    i have been on pip since 2017 i received aletter about the change back in 2019? it said  my claim hasnt changed? i just looked at my letters from a while ago. is it worth getting some advice on this? 
    If that was longer than 13 months ago you are outside the maximum time where you can challenge the decision. Therefore there would be nothing you can do about that now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • robbie9617
    Options
    but didnt the court case hearing only happen recently? 

i'm confused, i dont think im getting the correct money, how do i challenge my claim if i think it's wrong?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Following and planning a journey changes took place in 2016. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-changes/overwhelming-psychological-distress-and-journeys-changes-to-pip-law-from-28-november-2016
    If they’ve looked at your award again following those changes and it was more than 13 months ago you are out of time to do anything about it. 
    I note that you are currently waiting for a decision on a review so you will need to for for that decision. If you’re not happy then you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.