Hi 😔 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi 😔

Options
Ashvinney
Ashvinney Community member Posts: 161 Courageous
edited January 2022 in Mental health and wellbeing
Hi good evening 😙 I am feeling  very down and depressed I am in lot off pain , thing are just spinning out of control , with the new diagnosis of diabetes I spoken to a practice nurse not the diabetes nurse I was quite upset about it, I'm more confused now then  I was before I went to the appointment they saying that my levels are 7.8 but they're not high enough as she wants me to take glucose tablets I have no idea what that's    for it seems like they're more concerned about my glucose then  my sugar levels I got to go back in 6 weeks for another blood test and if my levels are still high then she's going to put me on insulin to reduce them and then put me on tablet's I can't believe she's more concerned about the glucose and I don't know what the hell that's got to do with diabetes so I'll come back feeling down and upset and not knowing what to do
Ajones 

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,638 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ashvinney sorry you are feeling down about  your diagnosis. It's a bit confusing as  glucose tablets are for low sugers. I would see if you can speak to a diabetic nurse to get some clarity. They are the best 1s really to deal with diabetes. Plus will  Give u more piece of mind
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    Yes I have phone with her tomorrow  not sure why the nurse wanted me on them but being new Diabetic  it's worried me little my doctors a bit confused why she put me on them she told to stop taken them  till I see her tomorrow and all so she wants blood test done again to see if my levels of gone up or are staying the same thank u for your reply
    Ajones 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,638 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh good I'm pleased your getting it sorted
  • Danielle_2022
    Danielle_2022 Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi @Ashvinney,
    Just wanted to check in with how you’re feeling and get an update on how things went with the diabetic nurse?
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    Hi I am good my doctor and the nurse had a chat I well be going back in 6 weeks time if my levels are still high the she well give me insulin to bring my levels down and put me on tablets , my blood test are still coming back the same I was taken off the glucose tablets the diabetic nurse and a doctor agreed that I should have been given that , I am on lot off medication for they've got to be very careful what they give me  suffer with seizures so any change in my medication could be a problem so it's just waiting 
    Ajones 
  • Danielle_2022
    Danielle_2022 Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    Options
    Morning @Ashvinney,
    It’s good to hear from you. I’m sorry that you’re having to wait for answers — that can sometimes be the worst part, I find! Still, it sounds like you’re heading in the right direction, which I’m so glad to hear. My mum is diabetic and I remember how overwhelming it was when she had to start on insulin, too. Please know that we’re here to support you, if you ever need to talk any of it through!
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.