Pip cancelled because they said they received my review form late. What can I do? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip cancelled because they said they received my review form late. What can I do?

Options
leonas
leonas Community member Posts: 22 Connected
edited January 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I am receiving pip and in November they sent me a form to fill in to carry on getting my pip which I get higher rate mobility and standard rate I got a letter telling me they received my form late and have cancelled sll my pip because it was late I sent it back the end of Nov and on the letter it had to be back by the 14th Dec it was a pre paid envelope that came with it which I posted back to them does anyone have any advice please thank you do much Leona x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,701 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This has happened to a few people here and when they've rang them they reinstated their award because the form had then been received. Have you rang them to ask them? Did you get proof of posting from your post office to prove that you posted it?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Ring them up. Tell them you sent it back. Check whether they have now received it and if they have ask them to reinstate your award pending completion of the reassessment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • leonas
    Options
    This has happened to a few people here and when they've rang them they reinstated their award because the form had then been received. Have you rang them to ask them? Did you get proof of posting from your post office to prove that you posted it?
    Hi it says in the letter send it back in the envelope provided which I did on hind sight I should have recorded it I always send everything they ask for on time I am so worried that I can't prove I sent it it says in the letter they didn't receive it on time so it looks like they got it I just did what they told me to do thanks Leona 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Recorded delivery is not need because that's not proof it's arrived with DWP. It's signed for by someone from Royal Mail at the sorting office. Proof of posting is free from any post office and it's proof you posted it, which is all you need.
    Give them a ring tomorrow when they open and ask them to reinstate it as they've now received the form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • leonas
    Options
    I'll do that first thing it was just quite a shock thank you for your help it's a fab site for support many thanks x
  • leonas
    Options
    I rang this morning and they never received my form so they are sending me another very nice gentleman said it happens a lot.
    I am  glad that I copied the original one sent I'll just copy what I had written in it again so panic over and they have reinstated my payments till its sorted.Thank you all for your help I'll send the next one recorded 
    Regards Leona x
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Glad it's sorted. Please don't send it recorded delivery because it's nothing more than a waste of money. It's not signed for by anyone from DWP, it's signed for by someone from Royal Mail sorting office and means it will be somewhere in the sorting office building, not with DWP.
    It's not classed as arriving until it's been added to the computer, which could take a couple of weeks. All you need is proof of posting, which is free from any post office.
  • leonas
    Options
    OK thank you for that I'll do that then.

• Donna55
    Donna55 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    This has just happened to me, I posted my forms back with about a week to get their, then Saturday morning received a letter saying the forms had not been received on time and all my pip was to be stopped. I found this forum and read it has happened to quite a few people, so took your advice. I rang them today and a lovely lady called Claire said they had now received my claim and my pip reinstated. The form was posted with what I thought plenty of time to get their, but Claire said they didn't get them until the 22nd,thats means it took just under 3 weeks to get their!!!! Now that to me is ridiculous, I was worried all over the weekend, but thank goodness it's now been sorted. I just wanted to thank you for the advice. X
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm really glad you were able to find out it was going to be okay when you rang @Donna55 it must've been a horrible feeling to get that letter!

Thank you for sharing what happened, I've no doubt it will be so useful to our members in similar positions. I hope you can relax now, I think I'd need to lie down in a dark room!  :D  

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.