lcwra time scale — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

lcwra time scale

Options
jojojojo19
jojojojo19 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
hi there, been handing in fit notes since April 2020. finally got the uc 50 form in December 2021 , which was recieved by them 29th December2021, they asked for more info from my Gp, which my surgery never received but when i rang assements they said it wont impact the claim, i rang today to see if any update and was told they are still in decision making on to wether to go ahead with an assesment or not. Any ideas on how long this will all take, its really impacting my anxiety , depression and overall mental health state. thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    There are huge backlogs of people waiting for work capability assessments. 
    For you, the reason it’s taking so long is because you didn’t receive the form until 8 months after sending your first fit note, which is rather a long time. 
    Most people have assessments through telephone, some have face to face assessments. Paper based ones are rare but possible. Nothing more you can do but wait unfortunately. After returning the form some wait several months for an appointment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jojojojo19
    Options
    thank you poppy for your quick reply!
  • happyfella
    happyfella Community member Posts: 489 Pioneering
    Options
    I was asked to fill in the form many months ago but i refused. I explained to them that it would cause me too much stress. My medical team said that i should fill it in but i said no. I was not going to put myself through that stress. then out of the blue they contacted me the other week and said that after receiving details from my doctor that i did not need to fill in the forms. They said that i would have a telephone interview. So, i had the telephone interview and within a few days i got a decision. I got a letter saying i would receive another letter within seven working days to tell me if any money was due. Then on the 10th day i got a call saying that i was owed £4,500.

To be honest I am in shock. You hear a lot of horror stories and I have experienced that with PIP, but i am pleasantly shocked with how I have been treated. I refused to fill in the forms because it would cause me stress and i have to be careful not to get stressed, and they took it upon themselves to work on my behalf.

Now with the backpay, it will allow me to get equipment for my home that will allow me to keep safe.
  • jojojojo19
    Options
    Wow that's a fantastic outcome happy fella. And so good that the money will help in your day to day life 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope that you don't have to wait for too too long @jojojojo19, as I can appreciate the effect this might have on your mental health. 

Are you receiving any support to help you manage your anxiety and depression at the moment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • jojojojo19
    Options
    Hi Tori . My oldest son is a great help with me bless him. Hopefully not to much longer and hopefully a good out come 🙂
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that @jojojojo19 :) It's great to have the support of family members! 

Have you spoken to your GP about your mental health at all?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • jojojojo19
    Options
    Hi Tori. Yes I am on medications 😊
  • hughiemachrins
    hughiemachrins Community member Posts: 65 Courageous
    Options
    I know all areas can be different but I thought I would give you my experience. I put in my UC50 form in August and I have just heard that my telephone assessment is next week. So around six months waiting time. Sorry!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.