Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is ravenstar123!

Options
ravenstar123
ravenstar123 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello, all, im new here, i suffer with Fibromyalgia ,

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @ravenstar123

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today? I also have fibromyalgia so I can understand some of the difficulties you may face with it.

Would you like to tell us more about how you are currently finding your fibromyalgia? or what helps you to manage your fibromyalgia?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Poppy_
    Poppy_ Community Volunteer Host Posts: 192 Pioneering
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the community. How are you today?
    Poppy_
    Community Volunteer Host with a passion for reading.

• ravenstar123
    Options
    Im really struggling with it at the moment, i have an 8 year old daughter  i find im so exausted and in so much pain , i really suffer with my legs and feet, most of the time i rely on pain meds to get me through the day, 
  • Poppy_
    Poppy_ Community Volunteer Host Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Options
    Im sorry to hear that, have you tried heat, such as warming pads, to help?
    Poppy_
    Community Volunteer Host with a passion for reading.

• ravenstar123
    Options
    I have yes, and im finding it doesnt help that much, 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @ravenstar123

Thanks for continuing to reach out for support. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out for support.

Have you got anyone who can share the childcare with you? And have you spoken to your GP about your chronic pain and fatigue? It must be a really tough time for you and I am sorry to hear that.

Please know we are always here for you and listening to you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    Options
    Hello @ravenstar123 I would like welcome to the community too 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.