Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

MR outcome

Options
northeastlady
northeastlady Community member Posts: 34 Connected
edited February 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all. Originally I was awarded standard daily rates. I felt the decision was incorrect and completed a MR.

I took advice from the forum and tried to keep my MR as unemotional as points and tried to stick to points and facts.

I went from the beginning of my decision letter in order and added my comments. My variable condition had not been taken into account and the DM has made their decision on my best days and had also mixed up some information in some sections which I also highlighted.

Today I received a payment into my bank but as yet have not had a phonecall or letter so I am not sure what I have been awarded.

I tried to figure out what the figure was for and as far as I can tell I have either been awarded high mobility, or my daily standard has been increased to higher alongside an award of standard mobility, but of course until the letter arrives I am not sure. The MR took 9 weeks, I'm in the north east area.

I wanted to say thank you for everyone who contributes to the forum, the support is priceless and you do not feel so alone by the forum being here.

It has helped me throughout my PIP journey, but also helped me with other things too. I was struggling so much financially which of course then put a strain on me. Obtaining PIP has now allowed me to afford the extra things I need instead of having to go days without, and it has also given me peace of mind that I can afford to get by with less stress.

Thank you all again. To those struggling, take things a day at a time and I hope you can all get the support you need x
Tagged:

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.