Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024


Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Lcwra

Options
sammyj25
sammyj25 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
edited February 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I got awarded lwcra on the 28th January my universal credit assessment period are from the 9th to the 8th of every month would I get my lcwra payment included in my next payment?

Comments

  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,998 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It will depend on what date exactly you reported your health condition.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sammyj25
    sammyj25 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    It will depend on what date exactly you reported your health condition.
    My first sick note got recorded on the 23rd march 2021
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Reported March - April 2021
    waiting period April to July 2021
    LCWRA payable for July to August 2021 (16th August payment)

    You should see the LCWRA element in your next payment.

    Arrears due will be paid separately after DWP have worked out the amount due.

    Note that when DWP calculate your previous entitlement new monthly statements will be placed on your journal. These will overwrite the old statements so if you want a record you should download those now.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • sammyj25
    sammyj25 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    calcotti said:
    Reported March - April 2021
    waiting period April to July 2021
    LCWRA payable for July to August 2021 (16th August payment)

    You should see the LCWRA element in your next payment.

    Arrears due will be paid separately after DWP have worked out the amount due.

    Note that when DWP calculate your previous entitlement new monthly statements will be placed on your journal. These will overwrite the old statements so if you want a record you should download those now.
    That is great but what do you mean they calculate my previous entitlement so they will wipe all my previous statements off my account is this to calculate what they owe me and if there a set amount lcwra entitlement or does it differ 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,998 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They need to recalculate them to work out exactly how much they owe you. The LCWRA element is a set amount of £343.63 per month.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    sammyj25 said:
    calcotti said:..Note that when DWP calculate your previous entitlement new monthly statements will be placed on your journal. These will overwrite the old statements so if you want a record you should download those now.
    That is great but what do you mean they calculate my previous entitlement so they will wipe all my previous statements off my account is this to calculate what they owe me and if there a set amount lcwra entitlement or does it differ 
    There is a set LCWRA amount but in order to calculate what they owe you they prepare new statements for previous months which include the LCWRA amount. Those statements will be placed on your journal. They then deduct what you have previously been paid from what is now shown as due. The difference is the arrears owed. They have to do it this way because for some claimants the addition of the LCWRA element will also affect other elements of the calculation so it isn't as simply as just saying the LCWRA element itself is owed.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • sammyj25
    sammyj25 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    They need to recalculate them to work out exactly how much they owe you. The LCWRA element is a set amount of £343.63 per month.
    GReat thank you 
  • sammyj25
    sammyj25 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    calcotti said:
    sammyj25 said:
    calcotti said:..Note that when DWP calculate your previous entitlement new monthly statements will be placed on your journal. These will overwrite the old statements so if you want a record you should download those now.
    That is great but what do you mean they calculate my previous entitlement so they will wipe all my previous statements off my account is this to calculate what they owe me and if there a set amount lcwra entitlement or does it differ 
    There is a set LCWRA amount but in order to calculate what they owe you they prepare new statements for previous months which include the LCWRA amount. Those statements will be placed on your journal. They then deduct what you have previously been paid from what is now shown as due. The difference is the arrears owed. They have to do it this way because for some claimants the addition of the LCWRA element will also affect other elements of the calculation so it isn't as simply as just saying the LCWRA element itself is owed.
    That is very helpful thank you for that now I understand 
  • Jade82
    Jade82 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi can someone help me too please?
    I was awarded LCWRA on 06/ 03/ 22
    My first Fit note was on 09/12/ 21
    My normal universal credit payment is the 18th of the month and for this period there is no change.
    They said they would contact me within 7 days if I am eligible for more money but I haven't heard anything.
    When should I expect a payment?
    Thanks in advance.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,998 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Jade82 said:
    Hi can someone help me too please?
    I was awarded LCWRA on 06/ 03/ 22
    My first Fit note was on 09/12/ 21
    My normal universal credit payment is the 18th of the month and for this period there is no change.
    They said they would contact me within 7 days if I am eligible for more money but I haven't heard anything.
    When should I expect a payment?
    Thanks in advance.

    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim. During the waiting period, it's not paid at all.
    If you reported your health condition on the same date you sent your first fit note then this will be in the Dec/Jan assessment period. (AP)
    Therefore your waiting period is as follows. Jan/feb, Feb/March, March/April. LCWRA starts from AP 12th April -11 May and first payment will be 18th May.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jade82
    Jade82 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Jade82 said:
    Hi can someone help me too please?
    I was awarded LCWRA on 06/ 03/ 22
    My first Fit note was on 09/12/ 21
    My normal universal credit payment is the 18th of the month and for this period there is no change.
    They said they would contact me within 7 days if I am eligible for more money but I haven't heard anything.
    When should I expect a payment?
    Thanks in advance.

    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim. During the waiting period, it's not paid at all.
    If you reported your health condition on the same date you sent your first fit note then this will be in the Dec/Jan assessment period. (AP)
    Therefore your waiting period is as follows. Jan/feb, Feb/March, March/April. LCWRA starts from AP 12th April -11 May and first payment will be 18th May.

    OK thankyou It's all a bit confusing!

  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,998 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Jade82 said:
    Jade82 said:
    Hi can someone help me too please?
    I was awarded LCWRA on 06/ 03/ 22
    My first Fit note was on 09/12/ 21
    My normal universal credit payment is the 18th of the month and for this period there is no change.
    They said they would contact me within 7 days if I am eligible for more money but I haven't heard anything.
    When should I expect a payment?
    Thanks in advance.

    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim. During the waiting period, it's not paid at all.
    If you reported your health condition on the same date you sent your first fit note then this will be in the Dec/Jan assessment period. (AP)
    Therefore your waiting period is as follows. Jan/feb, Feb/March, March/April. LCWRA starts from AP 12th April -11 May and first payment will be 18th May.

    OK thankyou It's all a bit confusing!


    Indeed it is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?


Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.