What to do? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What to do?

harry01 Community member Posts: 203 Courageous
Terrible treatment still from doctors and dermatologists on NHS but worried about spending money on private dermatologists only to get the same treatment. One clinic from Harley Street said they couldn't help me as the clinician I saw was a 'leading authority'. I rang up a few but I have no idea where to go from here. I don't want to say if any more as I need this treated. It's awful as my family are very unsupportive in all this and don't understand what's happened. 


  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,305 Disability Gamechanger
    It has to be remembered that most of the consultants who work in the private sector also in many cases work in the NHS.
    Sorry that you are not getting the support you need from your family @harry01
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

  • harry01
    harry01 Community member Posts: 203 Courageous
    Except here they are charging ludicrous amounts for not helping. :) I have no idea what to do. It has to be a class of parasite. Someone must be interested in this. Anyone here study biology? It's a living thing that somehow hijacks the skin's biome. It was only when a lot of it went on my skin that it kind of 'invaded'. There must be someone who is interested in treating this. 
  • Alex_Scope
    Alex_Scope Posts: 7,562 Scope online community team
    Hi @harry01 I'm sorry to hear the frustrations you're going through in getting some answers about this. I'm afraid I don't have the specialist knowledge to offer any advice as far as the particular condition goes.

    If you really feel like you're struggling mentally, I'd encourage seeking out some mental health support, to ease those frustrations and pressures a little. Even having someone just to listen can make a difference day to day. You can self refer to IAPT Services here if you feel it would benefit you. 
    Online Community Coordinator

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • harry01
    harry01 Community member Posts: 203 Courageous
    @daymond I sent some of them an email. I have seen several dermatologists so I am only looking for feedback that makes sense. A skin biopsy would make sense, so there is a way to analyse this thing.

    I would just be relieved and trust someone who described what it was. I look first thing in the morning and I go 'Yes, there is something there.' And I wonder what on earth is happening in the healthcare system. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.