Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is peteruk29!

Options
peteruk29
peteruk29 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2022 in Start here and say hello!
hi im peter [removed by moderator- personal information]
ny mrdical condiyion is getting worse can i get help im getting pip is there a high ot low rate. thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,341 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    You have posted all your personal details on a public forum, which is against the rules here. A worsening of condition doesn't automatically entitle you to a higher PIP award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hello @peteruk29 and welcome to the community :) Thanks for reaching out with your question. 

I've removed the personal information in your post, as part of our community house rules we don't allow the posting of information unsuitable for public viewing, such as contact details, to help keep our members safe. Please give those rules a read when you can. I hope this makes sense, but do ask if you have any questions.

You've mentioned you're getting PIP already, is that right? If you feel like you need to report a change in condition then you need to be sure that you're giving yourself the best chance to get awarded PIP, as the DWP may want to assess you again.

Citizens Advice has information on this, but it might be worth checking with AdviceLocal first about whether this is worth pursuing.

Remember, PIP is assessed through your ability to undertake the descriptors, you'd need to explain each with detailed examples. The decision is not based on having any particular medical diagnosis. 

If there's anything you're unsure of please let us know, and we'll do what we can to help.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.