Liquid Ketamine — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Liquid Ketamine

Options
Daniel_2021
Daniel_2021 Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
Hi,

Firstly, i'm not sure if discussion regarding medication is allowed. If not apologies and please remove.

I had a spinal fusion last year which didn't go too well. The pain has continued to intensify and after several stays in hospital i've been prescribed liquid ketamine to replace oramorph.

I'm not asking for any medical advice and I know each person will respond differently to different drugs etc. However, for those that have been on it did they find it helped with their pain? If you'd also had oramorph which seemed to help you in your opinion.

Again, please remove if not allowed and please note i'm not requesting/encouraging discussions on medical diagnosis etc.

Thanks,

Daniel 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm afraid you're right we aren't allowed to give medical advice as non of us are doctors and everybody reacts differently to medication, the best people to ask as ever are GP's or consultants, but I do hope you find something that works for you.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Daniel_2021
    Options
    Hi @Teddybear12

The pain is rubbish but there is always someone worse off.

From what i've been told (please don't use as medical advice) but oramorph doesn't target specific nerve pain, it's more of an "all round" pain relief.

I start the new meds tomorrow  so fingers crossed.

I hope you're well.

Thanks,

Daniel 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Daniel_2021 it sounds like you have been through the mill with your back.
    Just out of interest what sort of fusion and for what did you have it for - hope i'm not being to nosey just ignore my questions if you don't want to tell us.
  • Daniel_2021
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Not at all, I had a spinal fusion at L5/S1 and the L4 removed. I was diagnosed with CES in the past so this was linked to that. When I woke up I was unable to move my arms or legs, the arms have recovered to an extent but not the legs, this has been put down to FND. I now have several other issues that have been linked to FND.

Seems my body just loves an acronym. 

Thanks,

Daniel
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh my @Daniel_2021 you have and still are going through it, please keep positive and keep intouch with us all,
    l find this site a really good distraction, not been on here for long myself but i am now getting used to some of the caricters (spelt that wrong ha ha ) 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     You realy need to ask your dr as that is  a strong pain killer and isn't in common use 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.