PIP renewal no assessment ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP renewal no assessment ?

Options
Golf82
Golf82 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited February 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I received my PIP renewal for 03/10/21 October 2021, I returned it by the 01/11/21 as requested. I heard nothing, then today a white envelope arrived and the letter stated I had been awarded the same points as my 2018 assessment for another 3 years. I’m a bit shocked I wasn’t  invited for a f2f or telephone assessment. I had some advice on here back in October about completing the form, so just to say thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

You will have had a paper based assessment which are rare but do happen and more so if your review form was completed with all the real life examples 

My last review was also paper based 

Well done you can relax for another couple of years 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great @golf82 :) Thank you for letting us know! I hope that you have a lovely weekend, and can finally relax.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • MummyBto3
    MummyBto3 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

You will have had a paper based assessment which are rare but do happen and more so if your review form was completed with all the real life examples 

My last review was also paper based 

Well done you can relax for another couple of years 
    How do you mean, real life examples? I've just received my review form and got to go through it all again.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MummyBto3

Real examples are where you describe exactly easy happened when you try and do the task 

When it happened,  where , who was with you or any aids support , what happened,  why it happened   what were the consequences   could you do it safely   reliably and repeatedly 

If you can't do a task why can't you do it who does it for you 

Give 2 examples for each descriptor that applies 

The better the review form is completed the stronger your claim will be 

• MummyBto3
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi @MummyBto3

Real examples are where you describe exactly easy happened when you try and do the task 

When it happened,  where , who was with you or any aids support , what happened,  why it happened   what were the consequences   could you do it safely   reliably and repeatedly 

If you can't do a task why can't you do it who does it for you 

Give 2 examples for each descriptor that applies 

The better the review form is completed the stronger your claim will be 

Thank you so much. I get PIP for mental health issues and I've completely gone to pieces now the review form has landed on my doorstep.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,335 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think the majority of people panic when the form arrives through the door. Before doing anything else have a read of this https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/56365/pip-form-filling#latest
    What ever you do please don't put "no change" even if your conditions affect changed since your last assessment.
    If you need extra time then ring and ask and they'll give an extra couple of weeks to return the form. Make sure you keep copies of everything you send and put your name and NI number on the top of everything.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MummyBto3
    Options
    I think the majority of people panic when the form arrives through the door. Before doing anything else have a read of this https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/56365/pip-form-filling#latest
    What ever you do please don't put "no change" even if your conditions affect changed since your last assessment.
    If you need extra time then ring and ask and they'll give an extra couple of weeks to return the form. Make sure you keep copies of everything you send and put your name and NI number on the top of everything.

Thank you so much, I've also read the other thread. That's a massive help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.