Degenatrive disc disease managing chronic pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Degenatrive disc disease managing chronic pain

Options
jo46
jo46 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
Hi there can any body  help please ? I’m waiting on been referred to pain management and also waiting on going for a epidural spinal infection tiob I have degenatrive disc disease my doc have just told me to up my amatrytline to now 25 mg and to take naproxen see if helps with the pain . Im
 taken the naproxen 3 times a day but he gave me a lanzaprole to take along side the naproxen but I’m guessing I only take 1 of these not every time I take the naproxen ? I just had terrible stomach today just wanted to check im
doing it right it may be just my ibs has flared up with the stress of the last 2 weeks x thank you all in advance 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community I am sorry about your pain 

Unfortunately we are unable to give any medical advice here as we are not trained 

Even if someone is on the same medication you should only follow advice from your gp or pharmacist 

I suggest you call the pharmacy or possibly 111
  • jo46
    jo46 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Options
    aw no problem thank you 
  • Spinney
    Spinney Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hi @joe46 just seen this thread, I take the same meds as you (Removed by moderator, medical advice)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Spinney

Thank you for commenting on this thread and supporting @joe46. Just to let you know, I have removed part of your comment in accordance with our community house rules, as we do not allow medical advice on the community.

While I appreciate your intent to help, when it comes to recommended doses that advice is best reserved for a GP or other medical professional :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    jo46 said:
    Hi there can any body  help please ? I’m waiting on been referred to pain management and also waiting on going for a epidural spinal infection tiob I have degenatrive disc disease my doc have just told me to up my amatrytline to now 25 mg and to take naproxen see if helps with the pain . Im
     taken the naproxen 3 times a day but he gave me a lanzaprole to take along side the naproxen but I’m guessing I only take 1 of these not every time I take the naproxen ? I just had terrible stomach today just wanted to check im
    doing it right it may be just my ibs has flared up with the stress of the last 2 weeks x thank you all in advance 

I have degenerative disc disease too (lumbar & cervical spondylosis and lumber stenosis).  I take 3 x 10mg Amitriptyline a night, which helps with my sleep but doesn`t completely stop the pain.  My surgery won`t prescribe anything for the day; they just keep saying "try physio".
    I`ve found that when I take Naproxen for something else (2 x 500mg a day), it didn`t make a blind bit of difference to my back pain during the day.
    Andy
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    I`ve just noticed the date of the first post - doh!
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's alright @Cartini just because it's been a while since jo posted, doesn't mean they won't see your reply :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with them.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Jo_2022
    Jo_2022 Community Volunteer Host Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Options
    Hiya @jo46! ❤️ I am sincerely sorry to hear about your degenerative disc and chronic pain. You poor soul, that must be really difficult for you.

Perhaps you could ask your GP Doctor for a medication review if you feel the tablets are not giving you pain relief?

Also, there is an organisation called Pain Concern, which you may find useful to contact them for information about pain management.

https://painconcern.org.uk/

Community Volunteer Host with a passion for human rights.

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.