My ESA , and my wheelchair assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My ESA , and my wheelchair assessment

Options
Ashvinney
Ashvinney Community member Posts: 161 Courageous
Wow so upset right now my housing benefit was frozen because something going on we've DWP and my  ESA I have no idea what they're talking about I've had no change in money I've had no assessment I've not  had nothing from them and I can't believe the housing benefit froze my money has now I'm £500 in debt with my rent which they said they're going to backdate it but it's still going to leave me out and I'm going to have to set up a payment plan for the rest that they have now put me in more debt , did not know that esa .can affect your rent and it can be stopped at any time ☺️ just more confused and anxious  

Is the instead of putting a different thread  up I just thought I'd put it  here I have appointments in Aberdeen for wheelchair assessment my occupational therapist sent over a referral  today as my needs are change quick I am having lot off pain to walk and falling down alot I have had more seizures as well
Ajones 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,003 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What was the reason why your ESA was suspended? DWP do sometimes share information with your local Authority so if your ESA was suspended your housing benefit would also be suspended.
    If you weren't in arrears before the housing benefit was suspended then once they backdate what's owe you won't need to set up a direct debit.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Local authorities have access to a DWP feed which gives them information about DWP benefits received. If the local authority see a change in your other benefits they will often suspend housing benefit until matters are clarified to avoid the risk of overpaying your housing benefit. Very frustrating for you when this happens particularly if you don't know why. 

From your opening post it sounds as if it is now resolved and will be reinstated with arrears due paid - is that correct. If so, as poppy says, your rent payments will be up to date again and you should be in the same position as if the payments had not been interrupted.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    It was update on my ESA not sure what it was about the lady at the housing benefit office  never said anything about it she said that the money we'll be sent backdated that's all she  I try asking way she said I have answered your question conversation is over and put phone down 
    Ajones 
  • Ashvinney
    Options
    Thanks that's great new that my rent be all good I had a part rent  who is when I moved into Dawson Court cos they did financial assessment and I had to wait a couple of months before I got that back so I do have arrears which I was paying but wasn't going onto my account because it was suspended so they are going to found payments for me ☺️ so hopefully soon I be updated thanks  guys for all your help it assures me
    Ajones 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.