Hi, I'm a parent of a child with additional needs and a child with mental health — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm a parent of a child with additional needs and a child with mental health

Options
Sarahkaydearden
Sarahkaydearden Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2022 in Education
Hi i'm sarah 40 from south yorkshire i'm new here i'm  a parent of a child with additional needs and a child with mental health  
Tagged:

Comments

• Sarahkaydearden
    Options
    Hi I have some support but i'm struggling a bit with my son with his learning i home educated because of my children's health conditions plus additional needs i asked send for help but due to my son been home educated they cant help still waiting for assesment at rygate. My son finds learning hard at times and his attention span isn't great i think he also may have learning difficulties i'm not sure what needs putting in place to help him. the la have said they still expect him to do full time education but i can't see how that's possible right now they have asked for what levels he's at but i'm not sure how to get this with his difficulties he is 7 but he is doing work sheets and learning for a younger age he forgets as well things that i've already learnt him not always but he can  
  • Sarahkaydearden
    Options
    I haven't i will have look into it thank you its first time its been mentioned to me 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Sarahkaydearden

Welcome to the community, thanks for joining us, I'm sure you'll enjoy taking part here :) 

Thanks for explaining a bit about your situation, I think IPSEA are a good place to consider contacting as shared above by teddbear12, so hopefully that goes well.

Do your children receive all the support they need from their GP to manage their conditions? Perhaps they could provide a letter regarding what sort of support would be beneficial for them, if that is something that the GP would be confident in describing.

I have moved your discussion over to our Education category which you might like to browse for related discussions, and please feel free to get involved around the community and ask any questions that come to mind. 

Scope have some services that you might find useful, they are Parents Connect and Navigate. Both are designed to support parents of disabled children, so it might be worth having a read about them using the links above and seeing what you think.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.