PIP Awarded — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Awarded

Options
danjj84
danjj84 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited February 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi All,

I have only just joined although long time lurker, this site has been fundemental to my PIP Claim, the advice on here is so valuable. I would hope over time I can help people too. I thought I would share my PIP process experience, as there is alot of negativity about the process.

I applied for PIP on 08.11.21, filled the documents in online the same day, along with uploading medical evidence and a statement from my partner explaining how I struggle and how she has to help.

16.01.22 I recieved a letter inviting me for a telephone assessment on the 31.01.22.

I looked through the descriptors and scored myself on each one, making notes on each one with real life examples where I struggle. I had these notes in front of me for the call, along with my partner for support. The lady from Capita was lovely, I was really anxious and upset on the call, without my partner and the lady's support I would'nt have got through the call. After the call she said I would hear in 8 weeks.

08.02.22 I recieve a text to say the DWP had the report. I called to get a copy which I recieved on 11.02.22, the report was very detailed, fair and accurate. Being prepared really helped I think on the call. She was recommending a 2 year award with standard for Daily Living & Mobility, which once my partner and I read through we agreed was correct and appealing would not get us extra points to get enhanced.

23.02.21 Today I called PIP to see if a decision was made. I was greated with the next payment details and they confirmed the DM had agreed with the report and awarded 2 years of both at standard rate.

I could cry, this is such a weight of my shoulders. If if had'nt have been for the advice on here to help us prep, I would'nt have got the outcome we wanted.

Just over 4 months beginning to end for the claim. My advice would be to anyone applying read the forum and make sure you prep for your assessment, if you struggle seek advice and get support and help from someone if you can or ask for help on here where possible. Most of all stay positive.

Hopefully I will be able to help here over time.

Tagged:

Comments

• lou51
    lou51 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Options
    Hi danjj84

I'm so very pleased with your positive outcome.

I've just received my telephone appointment date for 9th march so thank you for your advice as I'm panicking like mad and your experience has calmed me a little.

I'm really not good at talking about my problems, I get embarrassed and ashamed and feel a lot of guilt of the way I am. 

I'll take your advice and write things down for the interview. Hopefully I get an assessor who is understanding of mental health problems.

Again I'm so happy for your outcome

Kind regards
    Lou x
  • danjj84
    Options
    I'm glad my comments have been able to put you at ease a little.

I was and am the same, hate having to talk about how I am and my problems. Hopefully you have some support around you and for your assessment.

I hope your assessment goes well.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @danjj84 and congratulations on your positive outcome! It's so great to see another successful application shared on the forum today :) 

I'm sure it's a great help to any members currently in the middle of their application, and it's so kind of you to offer help as well, I know that you already have just from this post.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • danjj84
    Options
    Thank you @Alex_Scope,

The forum was so helpful when I was applying, it helps everyone sharing their experience so we know what to expect. Postive or negative. outcome the information helps. 

Even with a negative unexpected outcome, theres so much info in the posts here to help appeal.

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks so much @danjj84 I'll pass your feedback on to the team :)

You're completely right, whatever people's outcomes, these posts can help to build a picture for people at a time when they need information and help most.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.