I am thinking of doing an online course, but I keep on changing my mind — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am thinking of doing an online course, but I keep on changing my mind

Options
BrianMcFaddenfan07
BrianMcFaddenfan07 Community member Posts: 253 Pioneering
I have seen an online course that I would like to study as I would like to be able to start work once I am allowed to as I am currently on limited capability for work, so I only see my UC adviser every three months.
I am due another Work Capability Assessment in July I think my adviser said it is. I had my first WCA around July 2019, which was about 4 months after my dad lost his short but brave battle with terminal lung cancer due to smoking. He was only 63 years old.
Every time I decide that I am ready to enrol on the course, I change my mind.
I have been thinking more about it since I came out of hospital after I had an ovarian cyst removed from my right ovary as the Healthcare Assistants and nurse were wonderful.
I would like to study Health and Social Care via the Open University. 
I have also been thinking more about doing it as one of my best friends, who is a mum of 5 wonderful sons. Her youngest is still a baby and her eldest two no longer live at home.
Plus my friend herself has a few medical conditions herself as enrolled on a course herself via the Open University.
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Just to let you know your lcw does not have any fixed review date the award stays in place till a new assessment is complete 

It is unlikely you will have a review anytime soon as there are huge backlogs for new claims which are the priority 

You can do permitted work even if you are lcw or lcwra 

Think about the online course usually there are no time limits to complete you do 8t at your own 0ace depending on level 9f qualification you are looking at 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.