Advice Please - Jobcentre making my wife ill - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice Please - Jobcentre making my wife ill

Options
2»

Comments

• lelboy123
    lelboy123 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Options
    Ok yes I have it clear. Fit note, change of circumstances on journal & report the fit note for the new issue of anxiety/panic attacks. 

If they back off she will calm down so hoping it works!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    lelboy123 said:

If they back off she will calm down so hoping it works!

That's not guaranteed because it's the work coaches discretion.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lelboy123
    lelboy123 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    Options
    Yes I understand that. We can but try. He seems a nice down to earth guy from what my wife has said so fingers crossed.
  • LeighMo58027858
    LeighMo58027858 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I understand what shes going through,  they really do pressure u, im currently on lcw, its slightly better than just normal jobseekers but ive still got them ringing me up every couple of months and all it does is cause me more stress and aggro. There only paying me 300 quid a month, its litterally starvation ration money and i still go without eating properly for weeks because of it, every phone call, its whats he going to try and force me into doing something im not interested in now. 

Like they think youre on some sort of time limit. Its like a kid in a car, ya know constantly asking, are we there yet, are we there yet, thats how there phone calls feel, are u better yet, can we force u into this yet, no ? Ok try again next couple months. 

At least i dont have to keep getting sick notes and go to jobcentre anymore at least, so while lwc has barely benefitted me, it has in some small ways. They just cant force u to apply for jobs, and alot of the stuff you have to do when on jobseekers gets toned down which is nice as i was and think alot of people who arnt well are just on youre bog standard jobseekers because its easiest, less stressful way of getting enough money to eat for a couple days, Even when there not well. I just couldn't be doing with the assessment for a long time as we all know the reason they litterly over ride YOURE doctor so they can get there own in, and no matter how bad it is the results are allmost garunteed to say youre fit to work, they want to make it as hard as possible of course. 

I guess it could be worse tho so not complaining,  i at least was found " limited " which is utter **** btw, u either can work or u **** cant, thankfully the guy has been very laid back and understanding in general, not a jobsworth thank god,   just needs to understand what the jobcentre wants, i dont care what they want. Got enough to deal with.  

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LeighMo58027858 :)

I'm sorry to hear that you seem to be struggling a bit at the moment. Do you mind me asking whether you claim any other benefits? 

You may find our page on free food and food banks helpful if you're going without eating properly for weeks at a time. 

Thankfully, many people successfully claim LCWRA, though of course not everyone has a positive experience of going through the process. If you feel you need some expert benefits advice, you can visit advicelocal.uk to see what support is available in your area. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.