Help!! Feeling like my son is being forgotton and set up to fail, where can i get some support? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help!! Feeling like my son is being forgotton and set up to fail, where can i get some support?

Options
Kerrie86
Kerrie86 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi
I'm desperate for some advice on how to get my son the help he needs. We have been unhappy with his current school for a while but decided to wait to get his EHCP before we moved him as he really struggles socially, when we move him we want to make sure that's where he will stay and he will get the help he needs. We are in contact with a school however when I spoke to their senco she said she was concerned that he would be worse off with them due to his current school making out that he is in a much smaller class and receiving loads of help that they cant offer.  However, basically, everything that his school has stated on his plan as help currently receiving he is not getting. This has been confirmed through my persistence that they meet with me, his teacher looked me in the face and said I can tell you now he is getting no help due to staff shortages.
I have since tried to contact the senco at the school we wanted him to move to update her with this however she has been busy so haven't been able to speak to her again, we did go to look around the school this morning, and had a meeting with the headteacher who I felt did nothing but try to put us off sending him there. I know they are full as a school as we have both my son and daughter's name down since last July but when I previously spoke to their senco after she contacted me about him starting, she did say that regardless of the school being full, if we name them as the school on his ehcp a space would be made for my son. She also did say he would get some support from them she just didn't think he would be better off there than where he is now, but the head this morning made out he would get no help.
I just feel so deflated, all day I've been trying to contact other schools in the area but none of them seem to want to know, they just say sorry were full we cant help. Even though I had been told by the other school it doesn't matter if they're full, with an ehcp a space would be made.
I'm wondering what the point is in having an ehcp if really it means nothing you don't get the help still and you don't get support in any way. Please tell me there's someone I can contact for some support or guidance 
Thankyou and sorry it's such a long post, don't know where else to turn

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.