Hi — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi

Options
Zec Richardson
Zec Richardson Community member Posts: 154 Pioneering
edited March 2022 in Start here and say hello!

Hi everyone, my name is Zec and I haven't been very active on here for the past couple of years, so thought I would say hello.

I am even worse than usual due to getting Covid, I messed up and forgot my mask when I went out and I am angry at myself because I rarely go out!

I have ME, I am a full time wheelchair user after many knee surgeries left me worse off.

I blog to eat up some of the endless hours in the day and I review products, and last year I started a bi-weekly live stream about disability with Mik Scarlet.

I cannot wait for spring so I can get out in the garden, that is where I am happiest, and I will happily do the gardening in exchange for a flare up!

Like many of you I am struggling mentally and that is being made worse with the massive rise in energy prices, it scares me as it is simply unaffordable and I keep hoping it will be sorted but I don't those in power really care.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome back to the community 

Your not on your own about concern over the increase in cost of living 

Have a look around and join in 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @Zec Richardson and welcome to the community, thanks for joining and sharing a bit about yourself :)

Both your blog and live stream with Mik sound really interesting, I hope you can share some of the topics to chat about here on the forum.

Although I'm not a gardener I do appreciate time in the garden, or just being outside, so I'm very much looking forward to spring arriving too!

Energy prices are certainly a worry for a lot of people, especially here on the community. Scope has a free advice service called Disability Energy Support, please do take a look if you feel it might be helpful.

You are welcome to explore the forum, and join in anytime using the categories page or get to know our members and play games over in the Coffee Lounge.

If you need a hand with anything please do ask, and I look forward to seeing you around :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.