Binge Eating Relapse — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Binge Eating Relapse

Options
Dylan246
Dylan246 Community member Posts: 53 Courageous

I am on the autism spectrum and have been dealing with a binge eating disorder for six years. I had started to get help for it in 2020 but I have started to relapse and gain weight. My parents are so upset with me because I didn’t tell them until I couldn’t hide the weight gain anymore and they’re saying that the lying to them about it is destroying them and is abusing them.

I am ashamed to the point where I feel sick, I don’t wanna eat again and I feel like it would be better for them if I’m not on the planet. I look for emotional release in self harm and I like binge eating out of all the forms of self harm as it gets rid of the bad voices in my head. I’ve broken the trust and I know I’m not getting it back.

I just don’t know what to do. I’m toxic to them. I had my last day at my horticulture project where everyone was so lovely to me and wishing me luck for my new job, and all I can think about is why are they being nice to me I don’t deserve it. I’ve been isolating myself from them, self harming via binge eating in front of them and sometimes have been too snappy when delivering instructions for work when I should not have been.

I’m just so toxic and I want to stop putting people through hell, but I don’t know what to do. And I already felt like a burden before I got caught out for binge eating again.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.